ProSecurity v1.26 released! [as of Jan 08, 2007]

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PSDeveloper, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

Note: On November 25, vendor requested thread renamed to reflect current version release: 1.23
    Note: On December 2, ProSecurity v1.24 was released.
    Note: On December 7, vendor requested thread renamed to reflect current version release: 1.26

We provide free edition from this version, this free edition reduced some functions, but it will update in time with the full version. It will contain all the new bug fixes and performance updates the full paid version.

Download link: http://www.proactive-hips.com/download.php
    Web page: http://www.proactive-hips.com/
    Online manual: http://www.proactive-hips.com/manualbook

What's new? November 18, v1.22.1 (Paid/Free)
    ------------------------------------------------
    1. [Fix] A bug may cause BSOD after uninstalling.
    2. [Fix] Some small bugs of v1.22.

------------------------------------------------

About ProSecurity
    ProSecurity is kernel-level security protection software. It protects processes, registry, physical/kernel memory. It also prevents trojans, keyloggers, rootkits and other malwares(malicious programs) from installing and damaging your system.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  2. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Re: ProSecurity free edition released(and a minor update: v1.22.1)[HIPS Software]

ok were back to a topic. I guess it glitched or something, because when ever a mod has changed my topic they say "MOVED" or have an edit saying why they did something. This should be all ok now and if they moved it for a reason my guess is they would tell you.

Good work with the freeware i ran it on my vmware. Very cool

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Re: ProSecurity free edition released(and a minor update: v1.22.1)[HIPS Software]

PSdeveloper,

Good move to compete head up against SSM. I can not find the differences between teh paid and the free version on the website. Could you explain them?

Thx

4. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

Here is:
    free_ver.gif

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

the freeware version feels very nice. i expected an empty feeling since i have the paid version, but actually it looks acts and feel really nice

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Wow this is very generous of the PS team! Its always great to see free software released especially for those who rely on freeware to keep them safe.

7. Kees1958

As fas as I know the difference between ProSecurity free and SSM free are

+ SSM: basic registry and win ini files
    + SSM: global hooks and library control
    + SSM: basic IE protection
    + SSM: basic window filter option (which I do not use)

+ PS: driver control
    + PS: basic outbound network control

Comparison paid versions
    + SSM: window filter

+ PS: memory protection

Free version of SSM offers a little more protection, Paid version of PS offers additional physical memory protection

Am I right? Please comment experts users of PS and SSM?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  8. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

my dislike with SSM free is its an old version, full maybe but its an old version. PS freeware will always contain all the new updates and fixes as the paid version. And perhaps once in a while a new feature will be added to freeware

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Nice to see that you now also provide a freeware version, but I believe SSM Free is still a bit more powerful, I may be wrong though. I also saw that it offers registry protection, but you can not manage the rules, which keys is it protecting?

10. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

no . . SSM freeware is more powerful, but as they say . . its an "old" version. So you are living in the past . All the exploits all the bugs are still open to you. I would trade gimicks and gadgets for actual security in the sense i am more stable and secure than having gadgets and gizmo's from new version

11. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

If you have a compatability issue why dont you post in our forum www.proactive-hips.com/forum

if we dont know, nothing can be done

12. Kees1958

Okay I will remove the post

13. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

you dont have to remove the post lol, but if you have a compatability issue or a bug problem, we have our own forum where we check. We are here on wilders as a more light harted chat about PS and opinions and alike. But if we have things on our forum we can go into depth withought making people on wilders think we are taking over their forum. and its alot easier to read fluid posts when we dont have strong details about bugs on wilders. We dont restrict info on our bugs, or hide the fact we might made a boo boo, but just want to keep the deep nitty gritty stuff on our forum.

14. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

TECHWG I'm a little confused about your status. Sometimes your posts sound like you are a just a *user & fan* of ProSec, but in some threads (such as this one) your persistent use of "we" in reference to ProSec makes it sound like you are their employee.

I think it is a *questionable practice* if an organization has their own personnel post at a public forum in such a way as to lead people to the false belief that they are just another user & fan of that organization's software.

I'm not saying that this tactic was used in this case but --- If you are NOT a ProSec employee, then why the repeated usage of "we" in your post quoted here? And what should I imply from your granting permission for Kees to leave his post here at Wilder's instead of posting it at the ProSec forum? (Or as you referred to it: "our forum")

15. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Whether a fanboy,user or employee doesn't really bother me.

Any and all information about security apps are fine here.

The authors or employees of such security apps posting here I believe adds to their credibility as I have seen some of the regulars tear a new app to pieces which they are quite capable to do.

Also if there are points to be raised in regards to a posters status I think it should be sorted out by pm.

16. Arup

Arup Guest

Pro Security free is among the most comprehensive of anti malware solutions, for that we have to thank the dev, comparitively, most other programs are paid, SSM free BSODs on my system, PS OTOH runs fine.

17. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

This version does not really fix the install problem that I have encountered

uninstall old version - reboot - install this version (Full Version) , reboot in learning mode, reboot in learning mode again, use a little in learning mode, turn off learning mode. Reboot

system does not fully load the desktop - reboot leave for 10 minutes - pop up from Pro security for one of my auto starts - (regrun in this instance )

Most instances when the sys freezes loading the desktop NOD's splash screen is loading. I have set Pro security as an exclusion under NOD to see if that helps

My conclusion right or wrong is that learning mode has missed some of the my normal system behavior. That NOD or another app maybe outpost are not co existing with PS

Any suggestions would be welcome ....

18. starfish_001

From website

Owner- Programer- Designer- Research- Website Creator

Jie Dong

Feature/Concept Input- Software Tester- Website Creator

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
  19. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

I have not noticed any problems loading Nod32 after two reboots. But you may want to leave learning mode on a little longer to load all the system files in PS.
    (3 or 4 reboots)

20. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hello. I was wondering as far as the free version of ProSecurity goes. Does anyone think it is better than Cyberhawk? CH did well in some recent tests that are available in another thread here. I do see that PS certainly offers much more in the way of information in it's GUI than CH does, which I like. Also, does the PS Free version support Fast User Switching for Two User Accounts, and is it easy on System Resources? Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  21. starfish_001

Thanks that is good to know - may it could be a combination of effects. I have to explore this more

22. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I have been here before PS was even born. I saw AntiKeylogger Elite and decided to help the dev to make it better. Then after introducing him to HIPS he made the decision that HIPS is alot more important than anti keylogging on its own. So thats why i am so entheuiastic about PS because i know he actually cares about the product. Also i am an admin on the forum , so i feel part of this and the developer would agree with me. All i am is ideas/testing etc but i feel like i am a part of it in a small way. And when i refer to "our" forum this is only because i helped set it up. This is all. see ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2006
  23. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Perhaps you are running too many anti-malware products or something. You should try this in vmware and install one by one your other products and see when you get the problem ?

24. poirot

poirot Registered Member

TECHWEG, i use ProSecurity 1.22 trial since a few days in one of my two computers and i must say i like it a lot:
    it seems to me very simple without diminishing security at all,in fact i think all main sectors to be covered are taken care of; pop ups are the 'right' number and very clear- i didnt have to read much the Manual before using it, very intuitive and logical.
    Now i posted with a few questions at the ProSecurity forum two days ago,but received no answer at all.
    Perhaps i can pose you the question which is still unanswered:
    do you think there might be any drawback or conflict in theory using ProSec and ShadowUser at the same time? I already used both without any problem of startup/Shutdown -as i had previously done with the other HIPS i experimented with,that is Antihook 2.5,2.6,3.0 and SSM- but who knows,maybe PS is different, although i think everything should be just fine.

One other question,more InTopic than the previous one is:
    do you know in what exactly PS Free differs from the paid one?
    Still,no news about it at the PS forum.

Edit- Sorry i had not seen a previous post about the differences btw Free and Paid, now i know,thanks.

25. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

at the top of this thread you will see a picture from the freeware version's comparison page to see how it differs. I would expect no conflict but we do not own this software so we have no idea. I will see if i can obtain a trial of it and see if it conflicts, but what ever happens please let us know. It has been brought to my attention of some rules or "guide lines" about not using the wilders forum to the extent that people may feel this is officlally a products forum. I will do my best to checkthe ProSecurity forum more often. sometimes the developer may know and read your posts and may research before he posts to you if he is unsure of a software. I will look into this

WG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.