ProSecurity v1.26 released! [as of Jan 08, 2007]

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by PSDeveloper, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Re: ProSecurity free edition released(and a minor update: v1.22.1)[HIPS Software]

i think so. We will see if the dev can fix this local host thing. This is the feature i was looking for and could not "find" but firefox seems to do this weird local host thing

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Re: ProSecurity free edition released(and a minor update: v1.22.1)[HIPS Software]

/ a liitle bit OT ON
    In the closed thread regarding PS 1.22 full there was mentioned a possible discount of xx U$S for SSM refugies. Will this be realized?
    I won't pay a full prize as i allready have a HIPS, but a good discount could get me to think about that again :) By the way please add PayPal possibility.
    /OT OFF

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

You can use Paypal

4. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Thanks - Excellent

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

:) so Jie anything about thie offer of cheaper for people migrating from other HIPS softwares or no ?

6. PSDeveloper

PSDeveloper Registered Member

Yes, sure, this type of discount will be released within a few days.

7. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

very cool !

8. PSDeveloper

This freeze bug will been fixed in the next version which will be released tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

9. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I feel i cant really wait for this new version, because i am so happy with the changes made :D

10. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Stay calm or take an Aspirin :)

11. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i am trying haha but trust me i have the test version and i cant wait for release version

:ninja:
    *puppy*

12. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I have some error with newest ProSecurity Free.

-Access violation at address 0040444E in module -RuleEditor.exe'. Read of address 000002F4.

-ProSecurity can't create communication with kernel driver!

-Create Communication with driver failed! Error Code: 2

All of those came after restarting my computer (Windows Server 2003 nLited). ProSecurity still runs but doesn't protect anything. When I exit main program and close manual all components and restart -> it's works fine.

13. PSDeveloper

ProSecurity v1.23 released![FREE/PAID]

If any admin or moderator see this topic, please merge this topic with the previous one. Please change the old topic to this one. Thank you!

Download link: http://www.proactive-hips.com/download.php
    Web page: http://www.proactive-hips.com/
    Online manual: http://www.proactive-hips.com/manualbook

What's new? November 26, v1.23 (Free/Paid)
    ------------------------------------------------
    1. [New][BOTH] Update online module.
    2. [New][BOTH] Installing new version without uninstalling.
    3. [New][PAID] Protect registry from restoring hiv files.
    4. [Fix][BOTH] Freeze while showing warning box.
    5. [Improve][BOTH] Speed up importing and exporting settings/rules function.

------------------------------------------------

About ProSecurity
    ProSecurity is kernel-level security protection software. It protects processes, registry, physical/kernel memory. It also prevents trojans, keyloggers, rootkits and other malwares(malicious programs) from installing and damaging your system.

Any feedback will be appreciated!

14. PSDeveloper

Thanks for your bug reporting, we will fix this in the later version.

15. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

Re: ProSecurity v1.23 released![FREE/PAID]

Same errors with the 1.23 version.

16. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

verywell done !

17. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

I had this error too. Try a uninstall and reboot than install.
    May have to go in safe mode and uninstall and delete ProSecurity Folder in C:\Program Files. Reboot and install again.
    This worked for me.

Rick

18. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Umm new issue to me, i never had this before my version works good

19. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I have to dig in my mind, had similar issue long time ago.

Gerard

20. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i dont recall this problem ever. Perhaps we need some detailed info on the cause

21. nightingale

nightingale Registered Member

:mad: Oh man.I downloaded this program and all hell broke loose on my comp.It would not let my password work in the front of my comp ,so I could not log in.It kept saying something about an error and that it could not read my comp liscence.When I started up my comp again through restoration all the stupid armor did was throw pop ups after pop ups of things on windows that it needed to have my okay or deny.It froze my comp ,then the blue screen of death.I had t odo factory restore.I am posting this on THIS site as I think people here should hear all about my experience from hell because of this software.I hope no one else goes through what i went through.

22. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

In some early stages of the beta versions i went thru a somewhat scary senario with ProSec but then that was to be expected. I wouldn't be too quick or ready to discount conscientious efforts in security-ware and ProSec is said to be very at-the-ready to respond to concerns. I do know these malfuctions can and do happen with this type software as they strive to work at lower levels of Windows systems code/instructions signals and can & do CLASH! :ouch: unexpectantly. At the time it is nothing short of a nightmare but bring it to their attention and see what results from them. Been there and experienced that, knowing this is no perfect science. ;)

23. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi nightingale,

Without more details, it seems that you did not reboot at least one time with PS in learning mode. All hell will probably break loose if you do not...login problems, a flood of process and library alerts, and BSODs. Running in learning mode for a typical session or two is a good idea.

Nick

24. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Please also note that if the developer changes something and fixes it, PS now has update feature that you can press at the top of PS "New ver". I believe in the next version also it will automatically check for new versions, with an option to disable auto update checking. This is absolutly valuable for getting the latest fixes :D

25. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

You should have been able to recover from the recovery console or safe mode

PS uses a driver for protection - I have not tried this but you should be able to disable PS by stopping the driver loading. I'm not running at the moment will reload later.....and try...

To disable your driver boot to safe mode
    Open Device Manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager).
    Click View > Show Hidden Devices.
    Expand the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers".
    Find "PS driver and double-click it.
    In DRIVER, change the Startup type to manual or disabled

It might be useful if Pro security posted some emergency recovery steps? May be there are some on the website ....
    :)
    If people don't reboot a couple of times in learning mode there is a lot of potential for problems ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.