WSA suggestions thread

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Dermot7, Oct 27, 2011.

1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I agree that there is definitely value in this. We're working on some larger projects at the moment on the Business/Enterprise side which will expose some of this information, and I intend to ensure it is shown for consumer users as well in some way or another.

Thanks!

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

I do continue to pine for the consumer control that was hinted at at one point. Nearly full control from the web interface, similar to the Enterprise stuff. Not just very rough sliders. :(

3. guest

guest Guest

i wish the active processes in "control active processes" could be sorted by alphabetical order

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Yes I agree but I would go further ... I would have liked to have possibility to sort alphabetically all processes/applications within WSA. I mean network applications in Firewall, protected applications in Identity Shield, quarantine and detection configuration in Quarantine and last but not least already mentioned active processes. Let's make it as a general rule for whatever sorting in WSA.

5. guest

guest Guest

yes indeed, i agree; i don't think it is too hard to code :D

6. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

I've gotta say that I think the way WSA changes (as seen here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2200328&postcount=19 ) could, with some customers, be in danger of giving a very negative experience, as the imo nagging and irritating "Renew License" pop-up, and the horrible exclamation icon are really ott and unnecessary.

The customer is 'punished' during the last 1/12 of their paid license by not having the benefit of the visible lock on tray icon also, and could get worried or uncomfortable, or possibly even uninstall immediately. Not good, and doesn't create a good impression at all I believe.

Please consider changing all this to something less harsh and intrusive...it could be a good move. :thumb: :)

7. PrevxHelp

I agree, and we're currently reassessing our product messaging to make it as user-friendly as possible, even during expiration.

8. Dermot7

Thanks Joe! That's great to hear :thumb:

Best wishes,
    Dermot :)

9. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is blocking tracking cookies. I thought it'd be a great idea to have an option to do that in WSA as well.

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Many vendors are seeing tracking cookies as harmless, and so they are not wasting resources on adding detection for them. Just run CCleaner and they are gone, or if possible set a setting in your browser/s to clean out cookies and other stuff at exit. I do both :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  11. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I do have Hitman Pro which cleans them out on a daily basis. But I'd like to block them from ever entering system/user-space. :)

12. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Also (next to blocking tracking cookies on-the-fly), after some consideration, it would be nice to offer some kind of "live chat" with customer support.

I live for instance in Sweden and calling your directly will cost me a fortune. Sending you a support ticket will take up to a business day to recieve a reply to.

My ISP, my insurance company, my cell phone operator etc all offer live chats with support... so why should not Webroot? :)

13. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Blocking or deleting tracking cookies doesn't really make you untrackable anyway.

Has support ticket response time gone up from the prior few hours we have seen?

14. Dermot7

Well I might be wrong, but my understanding of this request makes me think that in the same way as it would be very expensive for you to speak to support by phone (perhaps cellphone), then similarly it would, most likely, be prohibitively expensive for Webroot to call you, and other customers also, unless they had 'service centres' in all areas of the world. I believe it would be impossible to maintain on the basis of an average e.g. $30 pa license.
    Don't forget that WSA offers guaranteed free (no extra cost) cleanup and malware removal, with remote support if needed...that's just wonderful :thumb: and potentially 'worth its weight in gold'. :)

15. fax

fax Registered Member

I think the user is hinting to web based live chat, normally done by texting... :)

16. Dermot7

Oh right :D Excuse my denseness/out of touch (if that's the case)...thanks :thumb:
    Hmmm..."calling you directly" is what made me think of a phone call...no? Anyway, the 'texting support' would seem a viable/possible option, perhaps?

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  17. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I was suggesting a live-chat as an alternative to the current ticket system. Perhaps running them both at the same time. I wasn't proposing they should have phone support in all countries. :D

18. Dermot7

19. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I'd like to know as well. When relatives call me I could more easily provide an answer if the file is safe to start or not (I've installed WSA on all my relatives computers so I can remotely watch for malicious activity in the web console).

20. SweX

SweX Registered Member

21. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I don't think it's been abandoned. It is a large-scale project, but other work on the consumer and enterprise products has probably taken priority over this.

22. Dermot7

Thank you TonyW, that's what I was thinking also. It's just that it's been quite a while now, and now that Prevx.com redirects to Webroot even that Malware Centre is now inaccessible.
    I was hoping Joe might have an update on this, perhaps.
    Cheers :)

23. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

Why not a option under the manually remove threats to be able to remove more than one threat at a time.
    Thanks, Austin

24. SweX

SweX Registered Member

25. PrevxHelp

I suggest asking at the Webroot community as this isn't my area :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.