Has Update been suspended?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Use v2.70.39 on w2ksp4. My LanUpdateServer and 4 clients last updated to the big def file 3304 on 7/28/2008 ~14:05:17 PM.

This AM I notice def files 3305 and 3306 are listed, yet I do not have them. If I ask my LUS to update manually it starts but pops a window saying I am up to date. o_O
    I have changed nothing.

Is there some trouble in the ESET server pool?
    Thank you.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A huge 11 MB update for version 2 has been released so it will take some time for v2 users to download it. V3 users download only 1 MB update.

3. cgoldman

cgoldman Registered Member

It seems I am not alone and nobody can update their NOD any more. It is not a matter of download size but that the program sees itself as uptodate when clearly it is outof date.

4. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

All my systems are stuck on v3304. Installing a trial version for a new customer this morning, I was not able to get any updates at all. It looks to me that the update servers are simply not working.

Edit: A call to Eset UK has confirmed that Eset update servers are currently overloaded. The problems should be fixed by first thing tomorrow (UK time).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  5. Rapid Dr3am

Rapid Dr3am Registered Member

Shall we wait for all the 'I'm infected' threads, as a result of new malware?

6. rcash

rcash Registered Member

I just noticed we to were stuck at 3303. After pressing the update button 3 times it finally downloaded 3308.

7. Biscuit

The updates started to work again last night at about 21:00 GMT+1.

8. jhurrell

jhurrell Registered Member

Using V2.7 here on Vista and it hasn't updated since 25th July. Stuck on 3299.

I only noticed this at a client this morning... In the end I upgraded them to 3.0 and that did actually get new updates to 3309.

I also run 2.7 on a corporate network and the server (SBS 2003) is stuck on 3308, so not as bad as it could be, but it is worrying to say the least. Wonder what is causing this?

9. helenab

helenab Registered Member

I'm sorry to say that I'm quite disappointed since I'm unable to update my NOD32 ... I'm stuck at version 3301 and when trying to update, it says "your version of NOD32 is update" while I perfectly know it's not true ... what am I supposed to do now ? Just waiting for being infected ?? I remember that the same occurred last December around Xmas ... Does Eset reject holidays period ??

10. DonDon

DonDon Registered Member

NOD32v2 no update since 3308

We use NOD32v2 and NOD32v3 after the Signatur update 3308 NOD32v2 get no update, NOD32v3 is now at 3310.

enyone else this problem?
    Best regards, from blackforest
    Mario

11. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Re: NOD32v2 no update since 3308

Hello,

don't worry, please. This situation will be solved soon as Marcos wrote here and here.

Regards

12. Marcos

V2 users download a huge 11 MB update. With increasing number of clients upgrading to v3 and adding further update servers, all future updates should be instant, at least for v3 clients. About 2-3 times per year we issue such a large so-called base update which takes v2 users about 1-2 days to download it.

13. Marcos

I'd strongly recommend that you upgrade to version 3. Version 2 will always have such large updates about 2-3 time per year, however, with increasing number of users upgrading to v3 and adding new update servers it should not be that bad. However, in case of such a large update v2 users will get it with a slight delay whereas v3 users will update immediately thanks to the small update size.

14. cgoldman

Dear Marcus

I can not speak with all users or even some users, but I wonder if you are really understand the point.
    I am on 2.7 and I can not update because it says I am uptodate, even though I am now more than 2 weeks out of date. It is not a server issue, it does not try to download, it simply thinks it is the latest release when it is not. That is a different problem. Please see my post which has had no responses to.

15. Marcos

No, the problem is the same as I pointed out above. V2 users are now downloading a 11-MB update which takes time as the servers have limited capacity. The current system does not allow using a different message, but we're considering making some improvements in this regard to the next major update of v3.

16. cgoldman

How then do I affect an update. I get update (NOD32) red x and Server connection failure. How do I update, and how to I bypass the message that says clearly "Your version of NOD32 is up to date No update necessary.
    How is it downloading 11 mg file, it has been connected all day?

I await your instructions. I am looking at Wireless Netowrk Connection Status. I am connected to internet and I can see sent and received packets.
    In the last 5 minutes there has been no traffic.

Am I to understand that despite the message, Nod is attempting to download in the background?

17. helenab

I do hope that you are not serious Marcos, and that you really do not express ESET official opinion. Because if this is a way to press consumers in order that they buy version 3, that would not be very fair towards hundreds of people who paid for their licence. ESET would better say that version 2 will not be continued, than acting now as it was last December.

As a matter of fact, consumers are now in a weak position, not protected against new viruses. And to my opinion, that is a serious lack of professionalism.

Sorry for my poor English, I am French speaking native.

18. helenab

I presume you are joking ... my last update occurred at 11 am on the 27th of July ...

19. JAA

JAA Registered Member

Why doesn't Eset just put the update on there web site

20. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Registered Member

good point. i am running server 08 as a workstation, so v3 is out of the question atm...i hope the traffic clears up soon though, as i just did a reinstall, and my defs are from last year!

21. Marcos

Updates for v2 have the same priority as for v3 users and will not be discontinued any time soon, however, due to the design of v2, it must download and has always downloaded such large base updates about 2-3 times per year.

It's simply one of the new features of v3 that it supports actual incremental updates for those who update on a regular basis. It's not something that we use to push v2 users to upgrade to v3, it can be just one of the arguments for upgrading to v3. There are actually improvements in v3 even in terms of rootkit detection - we can update the appropriate module if there is a new rootkit that would be normally hidden without updating detection algorithms, if already active. Another improvement of v3 is cleaning threats from the registers, it's done much better than with v2.

If you have an issue with v3 that prevents you from upgrading to it, we'll do our best to sort it out.

22. loser

loser Registered Member

i got gripes about v3 but wont go into that right now.

as for 2.7 updates, its been almost 4 days now and it still hasnt updated.

any news on this?

23. Kisayami

Kisayami Registered Member

my last update was version 3301, since 07/27 with no updates , why ? :rolleyes:

24. helenab

Thanks for doing your best.

My only issue against v3 is that it is more CPU consuming.

By the way, one of the servers is down :

89.202.157.136 Error Connection timed out

and u21 seems to be weak either.

Finally, I could not update this morning ... Let's cross the fingers then.

25. Biscuit

After working for a while, the updates failed again yesterday. This is having a bad effect on Nod32 sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.