Has Update been suspended?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

After visiting the v3 forums I see it is also affecting v3 users as well. Could it be a DNS server has been poisoned?

2. alfaprd

alfaprd Registered Member

Hello, I´ve been reading this forum for the "server blackout" issue. Just a couple of questions.

How long has it lasted so far?
    and Does anybody knows how long do we have to wait for a solution?

I think NOD 32 is a good AV, I´m using it with Zonealarm and I feel well protected unfortunally, I reinstalled it and now I am a year behind in updates all because I thought that maybe whe I moved to SP2 I screwed up, changin to version 3 out of question, I tried and it sucks my resouces, memory 384, cpu 700 MHz, HDD 20 GB, this is my desktop. I just bought a laptop for job purposes, and I can´t afford another computer by the moment. PLZ keep me posted with the answer

3. helenab

helenab Registered Member

That man is fully right. I do think the same ... and am still wondering WHY ESET makes such huge updates JUST before the holiday period (same happened at Xmas time).

By now stuck with 3301 since July 27 ... shame huh ? and frightening, feeling unsecure etc. Thanks ESET. I will remember when the renewal time will come.

4. loser

loser Registered Member

going on 5 days, still no update.

tried to update manually from each server on the list numerous times, nothing.

upgrading to version 3 isnt an option as web protection aspect of it brings my internet and computer to a crawl, with no option to disable that feature i cannot upgrade to it.

so again, any word on a solution?

if no solution in sight, how does one go about a refund?

5. subyroo

subyroo Registered Member

I've just been through 15 different server numbers and still no update and stuck on signature version 3301......... "not happy Jan". :mad: :mad:

6. loser

loser Registered Member

well, according to "Eryan" everyone should be updated by now....... :rolleyes:

7. subyroo

Should being the operative word.

I've just been through another 60 odd clicks trying to get NOD to update and the closest it came was to hang for a few seconds on 89.202.157.136 3 x times and then switch to 31 - 33 & 41 and fail to update. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

8. lordaleniu

lordaleniu Registered Member

Somebody know´s when start working the update?

9. subyroo

Has anybody with v2.7 been able to update their virus database beyond 3301 to the current one yet?

10. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Registered Member

this is not good. i'm installing symantic enterprise on my workstation, and on all the rigs at work: this is highly unacceptable.

11. loser

loser Registered Member

ironic part is, i was told that nod32 was superior to any symantec product.

so instead of renewing that, i tried this. :rolleyes:

*sigh*

12. Kisayami

Kisayami Registered Member

no...

13. helenab

no

And there must be something else than a huge update ... but they don't say a word about it.

In the meanwhile what can we do to be secure and protected ? I am thinking of changing for Kaspersky.

14. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Ya gotta smile.

I re-installed my NoD32 2.7 so I'm stuck back at the original installation date. :doubt:

15. subyroo

I thought about doing a re-install but didn't like the idea of possibly being stuck with virus definitions months out of date as opposed to 5 days.

This has got to be the biggest glitch in the history of updates for ESET since I've been using "Noddy" as I affectionately call it. I tried for just on 2hours this morning and just finished another runs through all the Auto Servers and this what happens to me:

89.202.157.136.........hangs for a short period of time then changes to another Auto Server followed by "your version of NOD32 is up to date, No update necessary." and the same up to date message appears for every other Auto Server.

Methinks that somehow ESET have a much bigger problem than just the 10MB update as this also affects the v3 people who according to others get a smaller update and 5 days without an update is just beyond comprehension for Server Overload alone. Also no official response from ESET officials makes people even more suspicious of what is being said around the Forums.
    :eek:

16. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Wish someone would suspend Hi-Tech Boy's avatar.:-*

17. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

All of my systems appear to be automatically updating normally now including the systems in which I did not force an update and kept at "automatically update". So it looks like they're getting it fixed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  18. helenab

"nod32 Upgrading servers under maintenance" (found on an ESET site in Asia)...

19. HeLLBRiNGeR

HeLLBRiNGeR Registered Member

Well, people, been on this forums for some time now, and I think it's time for me to register and go for my feedback on what's going on in here. It's my first post, and I think it will be my only one, since I'm moving out to another AV solution that guarantees updates, and I have the ability of manually downloading them from their site if something goes wrong. To be honest, I didn't have any major problem while my NOD32 subscription lasted, except for the update problems from December/07. Now, the bad thing is that the problem we're having these days happens just a few weeks before my subscription expires, and I still have my defs at v3301. So this weeks problem, along with last December's one, made me think twice about renewing my subscription, and, sadly, I'm not going to renew it. I hope I don't end up regretting this, since this AV kept my computer protected, or at least that's what I think, but I don't feel comfortable being kept without updates for a week or so twice a year without having any other option but to keep hammering the "Update now" button and hope for a server to respond.

Someone in the forum said that this was going to affect ESET's sales, and some other person asked how was it going to affect sales. Here's how:

~off topic attachment removed....Bubba~

Now, think about all the people that, like me, have a subscription that's about to expire. I believe they would think twice about renewing, like me. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm the only one switching to a solution that makes me feel more comfortable about updates, but that's my reason why I'm not going to do what I was thinking about a week ago, that's renewing my subscription and upgrading to v3.

Thanks for your support, and I'm not being sarcastic or anything, since I didn't have too much of a problem besides last December and this weeks one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  20. Mapson

Mapson Registered Member

Yes, I'm on 3317 and haven't had any issues with updates. I wish I could help those that can't update but I'm not doing anything special.

21. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I'm finding that networked server systems are generally catching up by the next morning. This is probably because the network servers are trying 24/7 to get updates. All my server customers are no more than 1 day behind.

However single users are having one hell of a time. Also the Security Centre is now starting to pop up with out of date warnings.

Installing new Nod32 systems has been a nightmare & today we've have to give up on Nod32 & started installing Kaspersky. We can't sit around on site for hours pressing "update now" on a newly installed system!

Nod32 is a good product, but after a week this is now wearing very thin with us here.

This issue must be fixed now.

22. loser

loser Registered Member

hours?

ive been pressing update now for almost 6 days now.

23. riavdmeer

riavdmeer Registered Member

zitten er ook nederlanders hier kan geen engels schrijven en heb pijn in mijn vingers van op die update knop drukken,heb vanaf zondag al geen update's van nod meer gehad komt dit nog wel goed of kan ik beter een ander progje kopen hopelijk kan iemand mij verder helpen.
    kan trouwens wel engels lezen:eek:

24. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Same here. I barely give it much thought anymore but the updates keep chuggin along with no interaction what-so-ever from me(3318 at the moment).

snowbound

25. subyroo

Well it's been a long time coming, but this morning I was able to update the definitions to v3318 20080801, one PC was via u23 and the 2nd one via u41 but both still took a lot of clicking on the "Update Now" button to force the update and both PC's had been running O/N.

Let's hope that type of thing never happens again, what a schemozzle it turned out to be but I just couldn't force myself to abandon Noddy for another AV program.

Thanks ESET, but it would be nice to see sort of official release when these type of issues arise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.