Power Shadow

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Chuck57, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Hello All:

I think drwtsn32.log belongs to the Dr. Watson program and has to do with error reporting.

2. chew

chew Registered Member

Thanks YankinNcrankin.

Could you let me know exactly what has been Assassinated please and what do you mean when you said " after doing this you can install the programme as usual"? Do you mean I do not have to reinstall the PS programme and just re-start the programme (i.e. just turn it on and everything is fine)?

Sorry for all these questions as I am not technically savvy me.

Cheers

Chew

3. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Chew Could you let me know exactly what has been Assassinated please and what do you mean when you said " after doing this you can install the programme as usual"? Do you mean I do not have to reinstall the PS programme and just re-start the programme (i.e. just turn it on and everything is fine)?

ADS I was talking about is hidden in the installer .exe file of PowerShadow as for ADS being in the already installed program I'm not sure but you could still check for ADS using Assassin 3.0.0 G13.

Oh yeah I figured out a fix for the drwtsn32.log I was getting. All I did was go into Administrative tools Services and set Shadow System Service to manual. So now it don't start up auto anymore only when I launch PowerShadow it works fine now. It worked fine before even with the drwtsn32.log but now I don't get the application exception error code anymore. :) I guess it was doing that since now I'm running little or no services barebones now adays.

4. chew

chew Registered Member

yankinNcrankin,

Does that mean I need to scan using Assassin first before installing the programme? Since I have already installed the programme what else can I do? I only started looking at RKUnHooker and Assassin recently after I installed PS ...

I don't want to Assassinate the wrong file in case it messes up my system.

I also did a scan using RKUnHooker and so far there is one Unknown File Module that is hooked on the system but I could not fine out what it is as my PC crashed everytime I scan for the Hidden Files Detector.

Cheers

Chew

P/s: do you think I should uninstall it and reinstall a version without ADS?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  5. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

You wont assassinate the wrong file since it will show you if you got any ADS attached to the program or not and it will show to which program it has detected it on

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Well I got my reply!..after I sent a reminder with a short note in Chinese
    ...and got a reply in Chinese.

Their first line was, 'Hello! Was sorry you have not been able to receive on us the reply, did not know you can read Chinese mail.' - so there is the reason.

Apart from other info they explained that the shadow system visits the network to inquire whether it has the new edition, or the promotion procedure and that it can definetly be prevented and cannot affect the normal use of the shadow system.

Also they said the Shadow system, Chinese simplified form 2.8 edition software, provide for individual use in the non- commercial use, and you may in the home use this free edition of shadow system software, but if you want in the operational site use shadow system, you have beforehand obtain permission from the Beijing science and technology limited company.

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Thanks a ton Meriadoc for contacting them and publishing your answer they offered. It only confirms my own curiosity that they are 100% legit and have users interests at heart.

Very Fine program.

8. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Thanks, Meriadoc. It's about what I suspected. I've got other programs blocked that insisted on doing the same thing, Microsoft being one of them.

9. korb

korb Registered Member

i trying out the chinese version 2.8 .still playing with it.look simple to me.i got abit worried when i activate PS,my destop suddenly look like going into dream land :D .but kind of cool.

10. korb

korb Registered Member

but 1 thing is ,it does not have funtion like trusted files option so that you don't have to save your file to another drive which is not protected by P>S

11. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

The wave dreamy effect is definitely in a class to itself and is a nifty effect. The program is a dream come true though, it does confidence a world of good in an internet environment always littered with malicious content.

I am chewing my nails to see when their development team will finally master exiting shadow-mode without a required reboot, but for now just entering shadow-mode without that action makes this a real convenient program to work with.

12. Chuck57

True, but it's a quick cut and paste. Doesn't take more than a half minute. The thing is to remember to do it. I still forget sometimes, but I'm getting better.

13. chew

chew Registered Member

Chuck57,

How do you "...quick cut and paste." ?

Do you mean to quick cut and paste to external HDD or external USB memory key whatever?

Because in shadow mode especially Full shadow mode that's the only way? I can't save anything.

I think, need to try this again, in single shadow mode and if I am in Limited User a/c even if I save it to none shadow partition (i.e. Not in C drive) it get clear out as well once reboot. hmmm ...

Cheers

Chew

14. korb

korb Registered Member

hi chew, i activate single mode so that i can save to another hdd.if activate full mode than only way is save to disc or thumb drive

15. Chuck57

Full Shadow mode covers all HDD and you can't save anywhere. I've only used it once to see if it worked. It did.

I've never tried saving anything in full shadow mode. I don't know if you can save to CD or floppy (if anyone still has floppy drives) but my guess is that you can save your download that way. I'll have to look at it again and see what they say.

16. chew

chew Registered Member

korb, Chuck57,

My hd is partitioned into drive C (for apps intallation) & E (for data ) only. Just one hd :D btw and external hd not tried yet.

I use my Limited User a/c all the time and I did this using Single Shadow Mode immediately upon reboot so I could use my Limited User a/c.

1) Save data to My Document in Limited User a/c.

2) Save data to Drive E.

But once rebooted I noticed all of them were gone. Oh ... The data was not important as they merely junks that I tried to save to test out PS.

:D

17. Chuck57

I've got two hard drives on this thing. In full shadow mode, both are protected. I did just download a thing and put it on CD while in full shadow mode. It's still there after removing the CD, rebooting out of shadow mode and checking again - or it says it's there. I haven't tried to open it.

18. chew

chew Registered Member

Folks,

I think everything is well as I tried it again just now. (I entered shadow mode upon rebooting immediately)

1) Full shadow mode - both drives C & E were wiped clean upon reboot.

2) Single shadow mode - drives E was not affected as it is partitioned for data only.

Oh ya ... when I saved under Limited User a/c, which is actually in drive C, everything was wiped clean upon reboot.

So far so good. :D

19. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

All these reports explains it well enough don't you agree? PS is a technological marvel in safe and secure shadowing and thats the bottom line which is good enough for raving about it.

20. korb

korb Registered Member

such a good software won't be free for long my guess

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  21. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Yeah korb, i thought ShadowSurfer was good for a time untill i started experiencing hangups and boot up troubles with it and as much as i hated to had to dump it entirely. Then along comes to the rescue Power Shadow and not a moment too soon.

If Power Shadow finally masters exiting shadow-mode as well as entering it without rebooting that will surely be a first and welcome advance that i wouldn't hesitate spending a dime or two for it. So long as they keep the cost not too far out of reach and at a reasonable fee, lifetime purchase preferred of course.

22. ako

ako Registered Member

I installed PS during weekend. PS really rocks! I highly recommend it too. :thumb:

23. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi Guys, I got official response from PS people.

1- No ADS in PS.
    2- Two version with slight size difference are exactly same( the larger one got a useless "Thumbs.db" file of about 10Kb incorporated from windows during re-package).
    3- A new version coming in about three months.

I will post the e-mail after their permission.

http://www.powershadowsecurity.com
    support@powershadowsecurity.com

Have fun!

24. chew

chew Registered Member

25. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

So that is why the second installation package is a little bit larger than others, Thumbs.db was added to the directory - MS way of caching thumbnail images.
    A new version in 3mths. EASTER.2010 you better get sending that wish list. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.