Sysrestore by Xia Software (new snapshot/backup program?)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by kupo, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

Xia, firstly I wanted to apologize for my earlier rude post. As you know there are many developers out there who overcharge for poorly written software, and offer very bad support. In my years as a tech support analyst I have seen many users suffering because of developers who don't care about their clients. Such bad developers often try to make as much money as they can as quickly as they can, before negative comments spread around. The unpolished look of your website and the mistakes on the screenshots of the software itself made me think that you were the same.

The fact that you came to this forum and participated into an open discussion with your potential customers is a clear indication that you do care. I am sorry for misjudging you, and hope that you will keep on listening to the users of your programs.

Just a very important pointer: When describing the benefits of your program at your website, it is best if you use the word UNDO or REVERT rather than the word PROTECT. The program cannot protect against infections or system crashes, for this purpose a user needs real-time Antivirus/antimalware/antiexecution protection that must be used in conjunction with your software. This is a very basic error that many developers of similar software do, and it can be seen as false advertizing. If you use the phrase "UNDO/REVERT crashes and malware infections" then nobody can ever accuse you of false advertizing. Also get rid of the websites that advertize your older software, this confuses your potential customers.

Also the price of the full version is expensive as I mentioned before. If you price your software more competitively you will be earning more in the long run thanks to the sheer volume of customers who would prefer your software because of its good price. Don't forget that there are some freeware programs out there that do a similar job, so asking $50 for the full version is a bit too much.

Last thing I wanted to say: Get yourselves the latest malware samples and keep testing your software with them, trying to find ways to beat them. If you manage to contain and fully undo all changes caused by sophisticated rootkit infections (like the TDL3/TDL4/TDSS families), then your program will become famous overnight. Some software can remove some of these rootkits, but users have reported that the rootkit's file system is still left behind. At the moment only Shadow Defender can fully undo such infections, removing both the rootkit and its file system. Some samples can be found here:

http://contagiodump.blogspot.co.uk/

All the best! :thumb:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. Alicelost

Alicelost Registered Member

Small up date

My son installed Sysrestore to day
    on his desktop and suffered a Blue screen of Death,
    thankfully his Paragon saved him

So It apparent like with all new software , care is needed
    pc spec

AMD A6 3500 Triple Core 2.1GHz, 8GB RAM

3. xiasoftware

xiasoftware Registered Member

Usually the OS restore utilities are not compatible with each other. You should uninstall such software with its own uninstaller, which you can access them from its folder like "Start-Applications-XXX".

4. xiasoftware

Hello CyberMan969,

Thank you so much for your reply and your advice. We will do some changes accordingly.

You are a nice guy.

Have a great day.

5. xiasoftware

Alicelost,

Have you got any backup or image software installed? Paragon Backup and Recovery? Disk Image?

If yes, then such restore utilities conflict with each other.

6. CyberMan969

Thank you Xia!

I checked your website and the description looks better now. Just a few corrections are needed with the phrasing. Personally I think it would be better if you describe the program in more accurate detail like this:

http://www.sysnew.com/

Not only FREE system backup

Change this to:

FREE system restoration utility.

Sysrestore is an all in one system/disk backup and restore software which:
    Backup system/disk including its files for free
    Keep safe from virus/spyware/system crash/data deleted
    Select a snapshot to restore - like it never happens

Change this to:

SysRestore is an all-in-one system hard disk/partition restoration software which allows you to:
    Easily restore your system disk/partition to a previously saved state.
    Undo infections caused by a large variety of viruses, spyware and other malware.
    Undo changes caused by user configuration errors, or incompatible software installations.

Download the free system/disk backup software and then install it on your PC.

Change this to:

Download and install the FREE software.

Set backup options by manual or automatically snapshots

Change this to:

Configure the program's options for manual or automatic snapshot creation.

Restore your system and files
    after system crash or unwanted
    changes, virus, spyware...

Change this to:

After unwanted changes occur, just restore a previously saved snapshot to bring your system disk/partition back to the state it was when the snapshot was taken.

http://www.sysnew.com/products.html

Free System Restore Utility

Sysrestore

Protect your system and hard disk drive with free snapshot and restore everything when system crashes, hard disk failure, data deleted, software failure, attacked by virus, malware etc.

Create as many as 10 snapshots for backup

Sysrestore Pro

Advanced system and data protection software to help you run your bussiness with better efficiency.

Create as many as 1000 snapshots for backup

Change this to:

FREE System Restoration Utility

SysRestore

Advanced system restoration software featuring easy-to-use snapshot technology. It allows you to easily restore your system hard disk/partition to a previously saved state, effectively reversing infections caused by a large variety of viruses, spyware and other malware. It can also undo system crashes, incompatible software installations, and user configuration errors. The free version of the program has a limit of 10 snapshots.

SysRestore Pro

The Professional Edition provides you with the same benefits as the Free version, but it also allows you to take as many as 1000 snapshots. This makes it ideal for businesses and power users, allowing them to reduce undesirable system downtime and ensuring that mission-critical systems run with better efficiency.

Also note the Sysnew/Sysrestore vs SysNew/SysRestore. The capital letters N and R in the middle of the names make them look better. Such details are minor, but when combined with other factors they make your software look more polished and professional. If you apply this change to the website it's best to also do it on the software itself so that the naming conventions are identical both on the site and the software itself.

Do not add "hard disk failure" to the description. Only a full traditional backup can protect against such an eventuality. Also please make sure to advise your clients at the FAQ section of your website that they would still need real-time antivirus/antimalware/antiexecution protection in order to be covered against infections happening in the first place. Many novice users do not understand this, they think that SysRestore alone will be able to protect them from infections. You should also mention at the FAQ that the program is currently incompatible with SSDs, this will save SSD users from a lot of trouble.

I also wanted to point out how important it is for the software to be made compatible with SSDs and TRIM, plus the internal garbage collection (GC) of SSDs. This should be the number one task for your programmers. At this point Comodo Time Machine v3.0 is under development and when it is released it will feature full support for TRIM and SSD GC. Also, Comodo Time Machine will be completely free; this means that SysRestore needs to be made SSD compatible as soon as possible, in order for it to remain competitive.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  7. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear CM,

Excellent work above on the lingo!

Best regards,

8. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

If you want your software to succeed you should try to fix that incompatibility. In my experience your software is the first that has that conflict tbh. Now, since i got BSOD I can not say how your software differs from software like Rollback Rx, FirstdefenceISR, Farstone RestoreIT but they have not resulted in BSODs while having software like Macrium Reflect, Acronis True image, Image for Windows or Storagecraft Shadowprotect installed.

But if your software uses some very new and revolutionary technique that conflicts with regular imaging software, you should try to develop a imaging solution that is compatible with Sysrestore. There are many of us avant-garde (as I would like to say many of us wilders forumers are :) ) that uses imaging software just because we like to try new things and want to restore back in time if we get irreparable problems when testing software.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  9. CyberMan969

Thank you Aladdin! :thumb:

I was trying to change the phrasing in a way that it adds more accuracy to the description, so nobody can blame them that they promise things which are not true. I changed it slightly since you saw it, giving them some necessary suggestions for SSDs. I hope that they can crack SSD compatibility.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  10. Alicelost

Alicelost Registered Member

Hi xiasoftware thank you for the feed back ,

I love your Sysrestore ,

11. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Doesn't that impact performance? Every write operations are basically doubled (write old data into safe area then write in the new data). Maybe more if you factor in the reading in between. Sounds like what GoBack was doing back in the days.

12. Empath

Empath Registered Member

A question I had was regarding using defragmentation with it installed. I defragged with one snapshot taken. Before the defrag, the percentage shown for the snapshot in the secure file was 1%. After defrag, the percentage was 10%. So, Sysrestore shares Rollback Rx's problem with a defrag. It leaves it with a snapshot that is enormous in size.

The second question I have, and I'm hoping someone may have checked, regards the MBR. Does Sysrestore alter MBR?

13. xiasoftware

Hello Cyberman969 --Alex,
    Thank you so much for your correction. I would soon ask the editor to make changes on the content. And sorry for late reply since wilderssecurity has been blocked from China. We did not know why. And this makes me takes a longer time to come back to this forum.

Again, thanks a million.

14. xiasoftware

Free Sysrestoe Pro Before July 23

Hello,

We are now giving away 10000 free copies of SysRestore Pro on our website http://www.sysnew.com/giveaway/

Be free to get a free copy to undo changes on your PC.

BTW, thanks a million to CyberMan969, who had made a lot of web content suggestions to sysnew.com

Have a great day.

15. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Re: Free Sysrestoe Pro Before July 23

Wow, I've never seen a company offer that many copies for free. Thank you very much.

16. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Re: Free Sysrestoe Pro Before July 23

Many thanks!

Best regards,

17. genieautravail

genieautravail Registered Member

Thank you very much for the giveaway! :D

I'll try your software on one of my computers as soon as possible. :cool:

18. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Thank you for the giveaway!A question though....the license code can be used after the date of July 23?

19. korben

korben Registered Member

Ity says every time I try to install it on my rig 'The s/n cannot be verified...'

have we run out of licences yet?

20. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Everytime I try to install SysRestore, I get a BSOD (BAD_POOL_HEADER).

I run Win7 64bit.

21. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

successfully installed and registered on win7 x64, but program gives BSOD less than 5 minutes after windows has booted i even get BSOD before i can uninstall unless i go into safemode

22. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

It is apparently not compatible with any imaging software, maybe you have such installed?

23. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

I have Macrium Reflect installed which does not use custom filter device drivers like ATI2012. If Xia Software is forcing me to make a choice between them and a good proven imaging software, they lost that choice. No way in hell I'm going to give up daily imaging.

This is an aweful choice to force upon users who are concious enough about data security to consider their software.

24. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

Its not related to imaging software since I also got that BSOD even though I didn't have any installed.

25. CyberMan969

Looks like Xia has some troubleshooting to do... Personally I will only try if it ever becomes SSD compatible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.