Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SweX, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Free ad i must say...

2. AvinashR

That's a nice move. So i guess now its completely ad free product...Please correct me if i am wrong.

3. guest

guest Guest

Now is completely free but you still can pay for it and they add live support and other things:
    http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/security-software.php

# TrustConnect™ Wi-Fi Data Encryption
    # Remote Security & System Support

warranty: https://accounts.comodo.com/cfp/management/terms

THE LIMITED GUARANTEE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO YOU IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE
    UNITED STATES AND HAVE PURCHASED A VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE THAT INCLUDES
    THE GUARANTEE.

The guarantee is non-transferrable, and can only be used by the original
    purchaser of the Software.

3.2. Limits.
    The guarantee is limited to the lesser of
    (i) The actual cost of the computer;
    (ii) An aggregate total of $500 for all claims paid under a single license key, and
    (iii) The actual cost of a Comodo specified and authorized third party provider to repair the
    computer to an operating condition (“Guarantee Limit”).
    The guarantee is limited to repairing the computer over the Internet to an operational state
    and excludes all claims for lost or expected profits, lost or corrupted data, lost or deleted
    work, or lost or damaged personal files. Comodo does not guarantee against the loss of any
    file or information. The guarantee is void if you breached this agreement, failed to follow the
    procedures described in this Section 3, or failed to pay any fees applicable to your use of the
    Software.

But let's come back to the topic xD

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

To be honest i don't quite understond how they separate behavior blocking and behavior analysis. Only way of making this logical would be like this:

Behavior Blocking:
    Panda is blocking for example PDF files from doing anything but being opened.
    Considering PDF's shouldn't have access to system stuff anyway. Similar should be for other files that are harmless by themself but don't require system access either.

Behavior Analysis:
    Panda is analyzing what PDF file is doing and is later on blocking anything bad being done by it in the chain of events (ie PDF file exploiting a security hole and then downloading EXE from net and executing it).

Just a rough prediction but i hope pbust will explain this a bit.

6. progress

progress Guest

guest, this is a Panda thread :oops:

7. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

Until now nothing of conflict with my ESET, really good thanks Panda. :thumb:

8. AvinashR

LOL ..he's just clearing up the things. Sorry from his side, because probably i have started this thing...Sorry Guys !!:)

9. progress

progress Guest

Here you are :)

10. AvinashR

IMO your rough prediction is absolutely correct !! Even this what i have assumed too. Behavior Blocking is something when we try to execute a file and then it comes into action and block a file if it was found malicious.

Whereas if a file start doing its malicious activities after sometime then probably Behavior Analysis will come into action...

11. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

But it's the PSANHost.exe you need to keep an eye on for sucking up resources ;)

Attached Files:

12. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Does it have BAD SITE blocking feature?

Is it compatible with other antivirus programs?

13. AvinashR

It is compatible with other AV solutions. About BAD SITE blocking, i am afraid if it was there. But i am sure that it will be soon included in upcoming release. :)

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Regarding resource usage(for the free version), ram for the two processes is about 12-14meg. CPU and disk read/writes seem middle of the road in comparison to other AVs I have tried. Not as light as some, not as bad as a few others.

Overall, I am not sure this AV is as light as they portray it to be, but it is not heavy either. I would consider it middle of the road.

15. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Just got a behavioral blocking warning Rule 5007

16. AvinashR

Anything exploited or just got a fp warning?

17. buddee

buddee Registered Member

panda team has done the tremendous job, thumbs up and congs, i really like their idea of pro version at least they are paying some respect for their paid customer :D, Pro version is good for laptops with some free firewall its complete peace of mind. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: 5 thumbs to panda team

18. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I guess some exploit, as WMP was running.:eek: According to them WMP tried to execute something.o_O

19. buddee

buddee Registered Member

can any 1 tell how re-do detection works coz i have unlocked some suspicious files and they are not detected again by PCA, now those files are deteced Trj.CI/A on virus total and my other machine running pis 2010

20. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Once you've restored something from the Recycle Bin's history report, the "undo" arrow icon changes and turns into a "re-do" icon, with gets it detected again.
    recycle-bin.JPG

21. clocks

clocks Registered Member

This program has come a long way since the beta builds from a year ago.

Good work Panda! :thumb:

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Great job Panda, and may be at the top in detection to.;)

23. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

A few things I would like to say:

1. People complaining about the ad are people who really need to get some help from a doctor. It is the most not-annoying ad of all (except for MSE ofcourse). It is just 1 line of text in the main windows. Or a popup when you click on a not enabled function. The business model Panda now has with Cloud Free and Cloud Pro proofs they are fully focusing on this product, and not just on the Antivirus Pro and the Suite.
    2. I am really staggered by the resource usage, here PSUNMain.exe*32 (the only visible Cloud process) is using around 1.5MB of RAM, where my normal antivirus ESET NOD32 uses 48MB of RAM.
    (I am not saying I will certainly be a Panda Cloud user, because I am a fan of ESET NOD32, but if ESET 5 doesn't come with great new features I will certainly stop using ESET and Panda Cloud then has to best papers (total list of candidates: Panda Cloud [Free/Pro], AVG Free 10, Microsoft Security Essentials and Norton AntiVirus). The free one, since I find 29.95 too expensive for the extra features you get, although if I become a fan I might buy it because that is why I am paying for ESET at this moment.)
    3. In line with the between brackets part of the above. I think now Panda Cloud really becomes THE free antivirus. With 1.0 it was one of the freebies, now it is THE freebie in my opinion. Simplicity and powerfull.
    4. I am glad to see it looks like this version also solved some of the false positive problems it suffered from, atleast at my pc it has.

So, in a nutshell: thumbs up to Panda for a great product, and a good business model behind it: it is really rare to see that moving from free only to free/paid doesn't disadvantage the users.:thumb:

24. clocks

clocks Registered Member

You have to consider both processes. One is small, the second is usually about 10-12 meg.

Still not bad, but believe me this program uses more that 1.5meg of ram.

BTW - NOD is a little bloated when it comes to RAM use IMO.

25. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

You can use NOD32 and Panda in real time because Panda Cloud now is working with others AVS (style Prevx) very light here i recommend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.