Is betterantivirus.com a clown operation now?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by registered, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. registered

registered Registered Member

ESET used to be associated with Wilders many many moons ago. As such, betterantivirus.com would advertise here as a reseller for NOD32. I purchased a couple of licenses from them as I have ½ dozen machines with 5 running NOD32. Anyway, my license is expiring next week and I purchased a renewal from betterantivirus and it's 4 days now and no license update. They ain't responding to support requests. At what point do I claim fraud and try to charge back on my credit card?

Thanks

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. registered

I'll pass. the last thing I need is some excuses like "Oh it's the holidays"

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

No response to helpdesk? cmon - the ticket had been opened with our helpdesk for all of 30 minutes - and yes, it was AFTER HOURS.

During my evening rounds, I found this ticket and responded - the matter is in hand and it will be resolved- and I hope to your satisfaction - I'm still working on it.

I should clarify to folks - yes, we're an ESET reseller - we're family run and I personally work on orders, tickets and the website 7 days a week. Yes, on Christmas day - I'll be processing orders and watching for helpdesk tickets - but I don't have it buzz my cellphone every time we get a ticket, because helpdesk ticket spam is more common than genuine tickets (real human spammers often-times). I'll be checking in the morning to see if there were more tickets from you - but I think this is the first from what I can see.

6. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I feel your pain Web...

We had a client lighting our NOC on fire, saying we were neglecting their server going down. Yet our logs showed they called in, and were responded to in exactly 2 minutes. It was escalated and being resolved within 8 minutes, and I had restored their entire network 5 minutes after they opened. Yet apparently we were 'ignoring' them.

You can never please some people.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have dealt with Web, quite a few times over the years. The service I have received is outstanding. I can honestly say they are one of the most legit resellers I have found. Sure, they aren't perfect, but if there is a issue, they will go the extra 10 yards for the customer.

8. registered

Well, it shouldn't take four days to get a license. If it does then offer an incentive. Here's how you would word it: "Look folks, we're lazy and only work bankers hours. You have to wait a week
    for your license but that's why it's $5 cheaper than getting it direct from ESET."

I have another license renewal coming up next month; hopefully I got it from ESET last time.

This thread is over!

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

And With That, This Thread is Closed. Thank You All For Participating!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.