F-Secure Internet Security 2012 or Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cupcrazy19, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cupcrazy19

cupcrazy19 Registered Member

I got a new laptop at BB and got a one year WSA Antivirus subscription, my understanding is it has no firewall and doesn't help with phishing attacks. I can get F-Secure 2012 security for free from my ISP but have no clue if it's a solid product.

I've always used Norton Security for the last two years until it expired this past week, before I renew I want to try these two FREE options.

Would I be better off using WSA antivirus and getting a free firewall, or using the F-Secure complete suit?

If you guys think I'm better off with WSA can you recommend a free firewall that works great with WSA? Thanks!

2. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

These kind of post are not allowed and ur thread will soon be closed
    both are solid products and wsa has a firewall but not like a regular firewall
    Use both the programs and see which suits ur needs

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

As long as we are not comparing what AV of the 2 might be better, merely advising what to use as a firewall part, the thread stands

You can try WSA with Private firewall
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=320696
    or Comodo or you could stay with built in windows firewall (if using Win 7) and 3rd party controller for it.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=293143

But equally there is nothing wrong/disadvantage using the F Secure suite. It is all in what you prefer and works best for you on your config. I would try all options.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  4. cupcrazy19

That's my question, I seen from the Av test scores both Antivirus's seem solid, I just don't know if I'm better off with a antivirus and firewall, or a suit.

I don't know if WSA antivirus alone is enough.

5. gery

gery Registered Member

you can have both

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I agree with Cudni. It is all in what you prefer and works best for you on your config, which is something that only you can decide. As Cudni said, why not try all options.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, WSA is designed to get along with other AV. I would try it along with F-Secure 2012.

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

like gery and victek said you can and I think you should use both wsa and f-secure.....

9. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

install 2 antivirus firewall can give classes you have to put lot of stuff one each other exclusion list also dont give you any benefit

best is like cudni said use antivirus + firewall or security suite

+ you can more security you can add malware byte or www.emsisoft.com as on demand malware scanner ...etc

or

from time to time you can scan your system from online or live cds of other antivirus

3rd best have a sandbox eg: sandboxie and run your daily surfing in sandbox you also your chatting programes .....etc

4th be carefull on your downloads specialy .exe

5th healthy surfing alone without any security can make your system never infected

i have seen people specialy old ones which even shock me they have nothing on system expect modem router and even today their system clean why because of good surfing habits ......... we very hard for us :D

10. darthsideous666

darthsideous666 Registered Member

Why not just use the Windows Firewall with WSA? Give that a try and see how it works for you.

11. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

wsa is compatible with most other security software........and as Victek already mentioned wsa is designed to get along with other AV...and firewall......

12. mack_guy911

agree :thumb:

i just means to say one is enough if you want more then disable realtime security on it and use as on demand scanner as secondry scanner if you want ;)

also put on exclusion list of F-Secure and vice versa so they dont clash :)

WSA Essentials + EAM + OA i like that just i use outpost instead of OA because i am use to outpost

also

is EAM (emisoft anti malware)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  13. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

WSA and Private firewall or Online Armor if you need more control from HIPs. or WSA and windows wall.

14. mack_guy911

agree

i am pure linux user and its long time since i use any other firewall expect outpost and because i like it and used to it best firewall is which you used to and feel friendly with

all do firewall pretty same job althoe some have extra like sandbox hips.......etc

so choose which works for you and make it simple ;)

15. cupcrazy19

I'm not really liking F-Secure so far, but have another question. If I decided to go with WSA Complete how would I get email protection? I found some comparison site and they claim WSA doesn't have email protection for windows mail.

Also this site claims Norton doesn't protect against keyloggers, bots, and malware, but WSA does, it just lacks email protection.

My final choice is down to renewing NIS, or going with WSA Complete.

I'm NOT asking anyone which product I should go with as I know I can't here, but I'm indeed asking about product features.

Is it true NIS offers no protection against Keyloggers,bots, and malware?

And is it true WSA Complete does offer protection against those threats but lacks email protection?

If this is all true is there a suit that offers full protection? I decided I want one program to do it all.

16. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

thx a lot buddy:thumb:......I also like your setup.....just not familiar with outpost....and yes eam is emsisoft antimalware :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.