I need assistance please

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by firehawk, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firehawk

firehawk Registered Member

Re: Error

Yes, all folders exist.

2. firehawk

Thanks for your help!

I'm now waiting on ESET

3. firehawk

Check.
    Folders exist.

4. firehawk

Has anyone here been successful contacting ESET's customer care phone number?

I'm not getting any answers, I called around 4;00pm est. Should be 1:00pm Pacific time?

I get thru to the automated greeting and nothing after making a choice. I chose customer service "O" on dial and option 2 for technical... LOL!

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, please forward your license to me and I will check it: blackspear @ wilderssecurity.com

Cheers :D

6. firehawk

Here's the latest...

Ok,
    I un-installed NOD32 2.7 again and removed the folder from C:\program files\ESET.
    I then rebooted 2 times to make sure. I then downloaded the app from ESET's web site.
    The file I got is for Win XP, ver 2.7 <ndntenst>

I then extracted the file and selected typical install. the file extracted, and installed. I rebooted when prompted. No error mssgs.

After reboot, NOD32 loads up, It searched all servers automatically and after a minute or so started downloading from U7.eset.com a file called engine0.nup
    It downloads this file to 82% and restarts again....
    continously looping without updating.

I then rebooted the pc a second time.

NOD32 prompted for user/pass.

I copied and pasted the info.

Nod 32 starts normal download from
    U27.ESET.com

Download re-starts at 82% !!

NOD32 prompts again for user/pass and starts downloading from
    U20.eset.com, Stops promptly at 79% !!

Went to set-up, entered user name and password. (it wasn't there)

Closed NOD32 and restarted program.

Now NOD32 is trying to update form different servers continously.

I have a case number with ESET

Case is still pending.

7. firehawk

Customer care claimed they tried my number and it worked for them...

Thanks for the offer Blackspear!

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Please let us know what the outcome is, as it no doubt will help someone else in the future.

Cheers :D

9. firehawk

I'm thinking there is really messed up in customer services accounts.

Just got another e-mail from them today saying my account had expired 01/06/2006...

Folks, the European format which I'm told is what I registered under, goes like month/day/year and not day/ month/ year. LOL!

Surely I will keep you all posted to what happens. I am currently working with a great person named Branislav Styk from I guess to be ESET HQ.

Hopefully this will be resolved by tomorrow at this time.....!!

Thanks all for your help!

Gary

10. firehawk

Re: I need assistance please/update

UPDATE:

Good news!

My greatful thanks to Branislav Styk at ESET HQ for resolving my "unique" issue. He finally figured out why my system refused to update.

To make a long story short, There was a "problem" with an item in my Windows TEMP folder that wouldn't allow the Update to download into and extract. I couldn't even find the folder in the file tree and wouldn't allow me to create one since one already existed (?!). After running a scan disk and deleting the contents of this folder in safe mode, I was uble to update NOD32 without a glitch.

I thought you all should hear about this in case this ever happens to you :)p).
    And I needed tell you all thanks for your help and also, my appreciation for ESET's customer care and Especially Branislav!!

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks a lot for letting us know . Glad to read you resolved your problem :)

12. wolfwatcher51

wolfwatcher51 Registered Member

Hello Firehawk. Since you went thru all this to get your fix, would you mind sharing the details. It sounds like good info to have in your whoops file. Glad you got fixed. Thanks in advance,Chris.

13. firehawk

In a nutshell, the problem occured when I tried to update from NOD32 2.5 to 2.7. Initially, when I tried to "overlay" the update, (installing 2.7 over 2.5), that's when I had the problem.

I figured then by un-installing the program all together and installing v2.7, I would be OK. That didn't work.

I then tried several times un-installing, rebooting, installing etc. to no avail. Blackspear asked if my C:\temp folder existed (Branislav also suggested) and the answer was yes. Sort of!

The folder existed everywhere except when I searched for it (C:\temp) I tried to create it and it wouldn't allow it since it already existed. (?!) Branislav suggested that I boot into Admin mode and check on it there. I then figured for giggles to run a scan disc on reboot and it popped up with a few errors and scan disc auto corrected them.
    I then Logged on to Administrator in safe mode and found C:\temp, I accessed it and found an error log and a file. I deleted both and rebooted. NOD32 then promptly updated with no problems!!

I hope this helps!

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.