Windows XP built-in zip problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by adrianyujs, Dec 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Global Force

Global Force Guest

If no good here either adrianyujs and you'd like XP functionality back maybe uninstalling PowerArchiver would restore ability if speed is what's important, then re-register .... regsvr32 zipfldr.dll. I haven't toyed with PA to know if side-lining window function's has been the issue, possibly a different zipper would allow both itself and XP?

Does anyone else in the audience have the ability to c/p from within a zipped folder while having PowerArchiver installed?
    *Post fifteen please. :)

GF

2. adrianyujs

adrianyujs Registered Member

Hi! Buddy,I uninstalled PowerArchiver, and re-register zipfldr.dll, the problem still can't be solved. So, I think it is a bugs, maybe windows xp sp3 will fix this problem.

3. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Yes, but did you try logging on as another user in case there's corruption somewhere inside your current profile?

GF

4. adrianyujs

Yes buddy, I try login other user account, problem still same...:mad:

5. Global Force

Global Force Guest

I know your on XP, can gather it's sp2 from post 27. What I don't know is *how?*
    Does your original install disc have sp2 included? Online update? Or you updated the service-pak by disc?

At this stage I would suggest Window's System File Checker utility depending on your answer ....

GF

6. adrianyujs

Ok ok.... Let me explain to you. I install Windows XP which is first release edition, after that I install SP1(CD) then SP2(CD), after that, I install all the driver and application.
    That time I use copy and paste method with opened zip folder, its working. After I have broadband, then I online update until no more update already(Latest Update). Then I realize that copy and paste method can't work anymore. And I don't think it is windows update problem, because it is microsoft product, how come can have problemo_O It also have so many SECURITY UPDATE and WINDOWS UPDATE, I's frustating which one to uninstall.
    And I try your suggest, that is sfc, I use SFC /SCANNOW, the problem still can't be solve.

7. Global Force

Global Force Guest

May I ask *exactly* what happened when you ran sfc /scannow?

GF

8. adrianyujs

Nothing happen, windows SFC check and verify the system file, after finish it, also nothing happen.

9. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Running out of places to look. Tell me, can you drag and drop between two open folder's (not necessarily a zipped one)?

GF

10. adrianyujs

yes, i can drag and drop between two folder, and can't drap and drop between opened zip folder and folder.

11. Global Force

Global Force Guest

adrianyujs,

Here's what I'm thinking .... possibly somewhere along the line the *linking* or *chaining* mechanism that allows information/code to be moved to the clipboard after copying may have lost some sort of internal association. Not knowing enough, that would be a make-shift description.

Considering how third party programs such as PowerArchiver like to add their own context menu extension's, this article made sense in looking for a solution. Maybe worth your time to try and determine if one of your add-on's is causing a block. On that page you'll find a utility to assist in trouble-shooting should you not be comfortable moving about the registry .... ShellExView by Nir Sofer. Clean coded, useful software (no install necessary, just unzip to a folder of your choice and run it).

Your issue may well lie here or maybe a particular M$ update. Without being able to pinpoint a time frame, it remain's sort of guesswork. Give it a try. If formatting is your final recourse, you'd have nothing to lose.

GF

12. adrianyujs

Dear Global Force, the problem still can't be solve.

13. Global Force

Global Force Guest

adrianyujs,

Would you post a screenshot of your context menu when right-clicking a zipped folder. Please make it big enough to include the highlighted folder. Refer to What Are Attachments? if unsure. You may also need to temporarily disable any pop-up blocker's if when selecting "Manage Attachments," a new window doesn't open. ;)

GF

14. controler

controler Guest

On my XP system, I can not copy a file or folder from one windows zipped folder to another windows zipped folder either but I can copy or drag from a windows zipped folder to another unzipped folder.

15. adrianyujs

But on my xp, I can't drag and drop between two windows zipped folder. What happen exactly??
    The screen shot i take is i right click the file in zipped folder, then have copy option, after select it, and i paste on desktop, nothing happen.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2005
  16. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Please re-check the detail's of my request adrianyujs.
    I'd like to see it when right clicking the zipped folder itself, not a file within. ;)

GF

17. adrianyujs

Here is what after right click zipped file.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2005
  18. Global Force

Global Force Guest

OK, now we're getting somewhere! ;)

A friend of mine just confirmed the ability to copy/paste an executable from a zipped folder to a plain one aboard sp2 .... with 7-Zip installed! What I see in your screenshot and your desktop are references to PowerArchiver, correct?
    Thought you uninstalled that?

Did you even bother to download ShellExView and disable PA's context inclusion's? I don't think for a second your going to have any success c/p'ing as you have in the past with PA in the picture.

@ Bubba [​IMG]

GF

19. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Thank's for the addition controller. ;) That sp1, or 2?

GF

20. adrianyujs

Mine is SP2.

21. adrianyujs

This is I already disable PA shell...

Attached Files:

22. adrianyujs

I enable windows built in zip.. still can't solve the problem...

Attached Files:

23. Global Force

Global Force Guest

No question's or answer's for the moment adrianyujs. I'll need some time.

GF

24. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

@adrianyujs - have u tried also disabling PA's context menus? maybe even uninstalling it aftewards?

u also mentioned that u install windows xp, then sp1, and lastly sp2. just a future fyi, sp2 already includes sp1.

25. adrianyujs

I tried all method, uninstalling PA, disable PA shell. The problem still can't be solve.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.