new hot stuff !!!! read how to increase regdefend protection

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by tayasimggg, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

Thanks Tay, i've got 2 days left. New issue: since I deleted logs, new logs are not being created. The folder is completely empty.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When you close the program and then open it back up....there then should be a todays date log ?

3. lynchknot

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Perhaps I'm missing something....but it appears you are looking in the RegDefend folder....is there not a 2005_06_June.dat file in the Logs folder :doubt:

5. tayasimggg

tayasimggg Registered Member

try forcing an event for regdefend by, for example, right clicking on my computer->proporties which should create a conflict with hide windows id.ghst. maybe new logs aren't being created because there may be nothing to log? i'm not sure about this though...

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Can anyone answer me this.....?

dja2k

7. tonyjl

tonyjl Registered Member

Hi People,
    I thought i'd just warn people about using Tag's ghost files. I've had a look through them and i agree with Philli's warning. The rules are way too vague,and restrict too much stuff.
    I'm not saying don't use them,but those who have little clue about what's being restricted may have some problems.

Sorry Tag! i don't mean to be a wa**ker about this as i can see you've put a lot work into them,and you are on the right tracks mate,you just need to look in more detail about what your restricting and fine tune them a bit more (we only need to restrict important things),maybe you're trying to do too many at once? do them one by one and take your time. But keep going mate, you've got some good items in there!!

Anyway good luck all of ya

Tonyjl

8. tayasimggg

save them...
    sory for ansering just now.

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The thread is now re-opened....but minus a few posts for review.

10. tayasimggg

you remove even some ansers a gave users.... :'(

11. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Hey Tay, can you explain each of the latest ghst that you have in version 1.2. I am trying to find which of them is causing nero problems. Nero Start Smart works, but then you can't run anything. Also, I see in my startup, that some files are causing zonealarm, bitdefender, and others from reading memory at startup. Maybe a good thing to add to this would be like a global exlude list or soemthing. Also, which ones of your ghst files from 1.2 are execution pervention because I would like to exclude those if I already have Process Guard to do that job. I see a lot of posts were removed, some even mine, but oh well, keep on the good work Tay.

Thanks,
    dja2k

12. tayasimggg

I will explain each of the latest ghst but in the next version...
    because of new political law I have to accept:
    soon I will upload a new version of my file that will be without tony or buff_m_d file or any change in the default files. the beta testers and jason need me to stay out of there work, they do not like me modify there file because it makes disorder in how users install regdefend.
    I ma asking you to use only the new version in order to help me make peace
    between me and the rgdefend team.
    thanks you all. :cool:

13. tayasimggg

my new edition for extra regdefend ghost files:
    I am giving you the new version of my work.
    after renaming the file from txt to zip, you will have 3 folders inside of it:

folder p1 : ​

gives you new great features that make regdefend function as a substitute for many srcurity programs. now the filename is a clear indication of what it does.
    in this version we have:

1. zT_Reinforcement for toolbar default guard.ghst
    2. zT_Make Windows ID invisible .ghst
    3. zT_Raise Windows privacy level.ghst
    4. zT_Use RD as Application Firewall.ghst
    5. zT_Vanish network card addresses from registry.ghst

folder p2 : ​

here you have a special project of mine.

the Ninja Project's purpose is to defend 3rd party security applications from being attacked through changing their registry values.
    note
    1) if you use this, you need to get all of your security programs' processes and services in to the allow list of the group.
    2) there will be more files like an antivirus group and so on....

folder p3 : ​

these files are only for advanced users who can remove the duplicate rules manualy, which are created from mixing my file and the [beta users + default]files.
    the purpose of this is to separate certain rules from the regular files in order to increase the security.

this time, these are optionaly speratable :

a)Policies
    b)File Execution rules

=================================================================================
    an important sidenote : the files i put up here are my work and do not contain entries by other users.
    =================================================================================

good luck, and i hope it will be more convenient for all of you.
    happy to secure you, your registery master.

[MOVE]
    :cool: ^____^ :cool:
    [/MOVE]

update in 12.6.05 19:40 gmt +02:00

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  14. lynchknot

The file itself works (no windows ID showing in properties) but no log is being created. As far as any of your version 1.2 goes, it's all working fine - nero works as well. My problem seems limited to log creation or size of it.

15. tayasimggg

do you see in the log tab when you use the program any event?

16. lynchknot

17. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

is there not a 2005_06_June.dat file in the Logs folder ?

What files do you see in the Logs folder ?

18. tayasimggg

did you mess with the attributes of the log folder or its files.
    for example - make it read only or deny write accsess?

19. lynchknot

Hello Bubba, In post 128 I posted a screenshot. What you see is the log folder with a hover-over info pop-up - "folder is empty" (forgot what you call it) tooltip? bubble?

20. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

True....but what I failed to specify earlier was that in your post # 123....you are showing .dat files in your Logs folder. What has changed :doubt:

21. lynchknot

one, I deleted from folder as it was too large to view then remove, The other two, I used Regdefend's "remove log"

22. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you do not mind....would you try something for me Please. If you will enable....if not enabled....RegDefends default Internet Explorer Protection group....and then attempt to change your Home page. Do you now see an entry in the Log view area ?

If yes....do you now have a current.dat file created in RegDefends Log folder ?

23. lynchknot

Something is preventing changing the home page.

24. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Well....if you are not sure what that something is....I personally would be more concerned at the moment what that might be.

In any case....I have taken Tay's thread OT one to many times. If this is an issue you would like to continue....I suggest we continue in a thread you create ?

25. lynchknot

I don't see it as off topic. I am having log issues related to large files being created by one of Tay's files - now I have no log. If we break the chain of events, someone with a similar issue, someday, may not see the end solution.

I don't feel too concerned as it's probably locked by another app. (about:blank) Will Hardenit or secure-it do such a thing?.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.