new hot stuff !!!! read how to increase regdefend protection

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by tayasimggg, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi Dallen,

As it was briefly stated before the Ghost Beta Team is currently working on new Ghost files ... when they are ready they will be released. ~And there is NO expected release date~ ... before you ask. ;)

Regards,

Steve

2. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Real professional Steve. Actually, that reminded me of one of the factors that's caused me to keep my wallet in my pocket on this product. ;)

3. tayasimggg

tayasimggg Registered Member

i dont work directly with jonse and i will not know what are is plan.
    i realy think that you should ask jonse that question.
    forgive me that I can't give you an answer.

love you all and good night.

4. tayasimggg

A)they dont want me in there team
    B)yes i would happy to give you support so give me the log please

5. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

I also have regrun running as I am trying regdefend. I see regrun trying to start (the progress meter type animation) but cannot. I suppose I should run one or the other. Do you know of any way I can test some of your entries?

http://img180.echo.cx/img180/1953/16pc1.jpg
    http://img180.echo.cx/img180/5585/29fn.jpg

I also have regrun running as I am trying regdefend. I see regrun trying to start but cannot. I suppose I should run one or the other.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  6. lynchknot

Also, I'm not sure if this is due to your files but I have absolutely no connection with IE. Whatever I enter into address, it's immediately "done" and "cannot be found" AND it shows no network activity in Outpost

*****edit - IE decided to work again - on it's own.

http://img38.echo.cx/img38/5463/none9hu.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2005
  7. lynchknot

8. tayasimggg

when you have an application that you know and trust like system process in this case the svchost.exe you dont just allow it with one click. you have to mark the checkbox - "Always perform the action I take with this application"
    than you dont have conflict about system process trying to hard to get the
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\controlset002\services\tcpip\parameters\interfaces\{69918ba6-daf2-4ce5-b467-7baafddebea5}
    If you do so to the firefox.exe it will get internet...

9. tayasimggg

explanation of my behavior:
    some time i get angry because i work for free developing the regdefend and the regdefend team treating me like ****.
    I done in 2 or 3 weeks work that my take them a year. i dont ask for a nothing. I use my registry knowledge as administrator student to help them.
    and they hate me as a reward.
    but i love helping users give them quick support as i rechack the forum evey day 4 times.

peace all of you :cool:

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Tay:
    This is nonsense, nobody has treated you that way, remember that you started this thread and you should re-read Jason's posts 39 & 40
    I think that that is an exaggeration and not based on any evidence.

Your work on your OWN .gst files is appreciated.

Pilli

11. xmen

xmen Guest

Not really, while he does have some interesting ideas (block windowid, block mrus) though implmentation is poor. I find that his rulesets tend to be poorly tuned, instead of being specificly targetting specific values or specially chosen subkeys, his rules just throw everything in.

This is a reason why people are experiencing many unnecessary prompts. I've tried to tuned it to be more specific yet less intrusive without sacrificing security.

One very clear example is the new Security suite rulegroup. It's pointless (and trival) to go searching into the registry and add the whole key of any security product name you are familar with.

Most of these keys have values that change often and have very trival effects. It gets tiring to be prompted for every trival config change. What you should really guard is specific subkeys and values that have a very important function. Eg A value that when set turns off the real time protection.

For protecting Ewido for example, the rule should be more tightly focused on the guard subkey only for instance. Even better only to warn on modification of file monitoring,guard values.

Of course, to know what specific subkeys and values to protect requires a lot more research,and is much harder than merely adding everything.

12. floatingPast

floatingPast Guest

xmen has a point, documentation is required to show that research has been done, using * might have been deliberate in some cases its hard to know right now

13. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Xmen,
    Thank you for this insight. You've helped me to better understand the situation and answered some of my questions.

tayasimggg,
    I re-read this entire thread from the beginning and I have to agree with Pilli. However, it seems that you may be getting frustrated because you are working very hard and a select few are giving you no credit, or thanks. I can see how you might get upset when on top of not getting respect for your hard work, you are being told that you have to change the naming within your project. Your frustration is understandable. Please try to understand that there are many here that seem to appreciate your work.

14. lynchknot

I did and that was the outcome - but, the high CPU has subsided since reboot. There are some, rare, occasions while the "Firewall" pops up that my computer freezes - requiring the use of the computer's reset button.

**edit. Right now I brought forward Regdefend from tray. It is frozen. Every area I click all I hear is an error "bink" sound. It won't minimize nor close using the normal buttons. Total CPU is not high at 40%. Regdefend is only using 25%max but is frozen.

15. tayasimggg

what is the windows you use?
    that is the computer parameters?
    and if you disable the appliction firewall is there is a problem still?

16. lynchknot

xp pro
    Amd M chip @ 2.21ghz
    1 GB pc3200

Just a guess but I think Regdefend is having issues with the size of the log(s) created by the initial installation of the new ghst files.

http://img176.echo.cx/img176/9200/log9kn.jpg

17. tayasimggg

I dont fine the right word to thank you for cheering me up.
    thanks....

18. tayasimggg

19. tayasimggg

In my technique I cover every version of the software if tomorrow there will be for example kaspersky 6 still The shield is relevant.
    and not because of unknowing how guard is specific subkeys.
    :cool:

20. tayasimggg

I have almost the same parameter of the windows and computer.
    and i get 0% cpu and 8M ram.
    with all group enable.
    what version of regdefend do you use?
    and try to shot down the ather registry guardians software for test

21. lynchknot

Take a look at my post HERE

22. tayasimggg

well the modgreper.exe dont work more the once even if i disable all group and reset.
    so it is not the problem.

23. lynchknot

I didn't say it was "the problem" I'm saying that I was running it and when I enabled the firewall ghst file, my computer froze.

24. tayasimggg

Try uninstalling RegDefend, then restart your comp and reinstall RegDefend.
    Then re-add my files ONLY into the programs folder.
    Try enabling the files one by one to see if a specific one freezes your computer.

Also tell me of any other security programs you use other than RegDefend.

=============================================
    *This message was translated to english from Tayasim's regular alien language by Pav ^_~.

**TayasimGGG Rules!!

25. lynchknot

My trial is over in a couple days. I don't think I'll be purchasing this as there is still some conflict that I have not been able to sort out. If I can't fix problems, or understand it, within the time limit, I usually use something else - unless I reformat and try it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.