Panda 2.0 in Download.com

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by clayieee, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

the URL monitoring does what it says, only monitoring where processes are connecting to. the URL filtering is filtering and blocking malicious URL's. two different things.

2. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Well,i have to be fair to Panda.When i installed it in the same day it came out the 2.0 version as i posted here back then,the system's slow down was awful.After the full scan ( btw,i always do a full scan after i install an AV,no matter which one) and 2 reboots,the issue was still present.On my system were only Comodo FW with D+ and Sanboxie.
    Today i decided to give PCAV another shot.A clean CTM snapshot,only with SBIE.Installed Panda,done a full scan,rebooted and voila...no trace of any slow down,just like it was with 1.5.2 version.Installed after that CIS FW and after 2 hour or so,my favorite combo is back on business again.I don't know what happened,if Panda team worked out some issues or not but i'm glad it's ok now.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  3. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Not here.

After installing Panda 2 I have a veeery long boot process. :oops:

Consider uninstalling.

4. JoeBlack40

Why when i hover the mouse over the icon it's in Spanish?

Sorry to hear...

Attached Files:

5. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

After such a long Beta period one would expect a (highly) polished product.
    What came out was a collection of bugs and issues.

Disappointing, to be polite.

6. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

Concerning the I/O issues, can someone tell me which column we're talking about in this screenshot? I assume it's 'I/O Read Bytes', but I just want to make sure since there are six I/O columns.

TskMgr.jpg

7. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

agree, I uninstalled it and installed Comodo Internet Security and my system is running great.

8. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Just to point something out many people I see posting about the slow down also have Comodo installed. If your having issues could it be the conflict with Comodo is once again popping up?

9. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Huh... Didn't swejuggalo report that translation issue to the devs, Ibrad? Weird, I guess. On the previous page(s) though, there are people who ran didn't have Comodo installed and had slowdown issues.

I do not see a collection of bugs but yes there are a few hanging about. Even the addition of a new UI can create bugs, ya know.

10. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

right but the beta last almost a year. ud think it would be almost if not 98% clean of bugs

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

On demand scanner is definitely faster for me than 1.52 was. 2.0 is running very light on my netbook. However I'm not a fan of the redesigned GUI. It is much less intuitive and cluttered.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  12. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

It is around that percentage because every 1% shouldn't be taken away for each bug and a 99% bug-free product does not exist as someone will always find some sort of issue with the product. I prefer a stable and effective AV that is a little heavy over one that is 2x as worse and the source of crashes, BSODs, etc.

But Panda has confirmed the problem and it will be fixed very soon.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  13. MeAgain

MeAgain Registered Member

Anyone else getting this? I read a few comments about it in the Panda forum. I had to uninstall due to the same problem. It was light for me though. My PC and browsing didn't seem slow. Windows 7 Premium 64 bit.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  14. JoeBlack40

Opened a few minutes ago my laptop and now it's ok.It shows "computer protected" as it should be.

15. m0unds

m0unds Guest

those columns (in taskmgr) are a measurement of *all* types of i/o for that process, including disk, buffer, subsystem/process comm, networking, etc.

that being said, resource monitor or whatever the equiv would be on xp (haven't used XP in years) would make much more sense for monitoring i/o on a granular level.

16. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Still haven't got the upgrade to 2.0 but I'd rather wait specially considering I'm using it on a (very) low-end machine.

17. egghead

egghead Registered Member

I have installed an older image and my rig runs fine now. No slow downs anymore.

Problems probably had to do with registry/junk cleaners I use.

Happy camper now.

Panda me gusta mucho !

18. MADx

MADx Registered Member

That was me who posted that, the problem still exist with the GUI. However, like you, I didn't have any slow downs. Panda seemed lighter than Avast (which I'm now using). I hope they will fix it soon.

19. MeAgain

Thanks MADx. I am currently using ZA Free Antivirus + Firewall. I normally use Avast and uninstalled it to try Panda Cloud Pro 2.0 when it came out. I suppose it will suffice until we here of a fix. Take care.

20. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Do they charge extra for that? Panda Rosetta Stone?:D
    I'm waiting a few more days...tried 2.0 first day and was a little slow on my system. I know it will be excellent!

21. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Update: Panda has confirmed the problem (regarding slow down) and it will be fixed soon. Very, very soon, if that makes people feel any better. :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  22. MeAgain

Which problem?

23. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

View the updated post.

24. MeAgain

Thanks. I was hoping it was for the 'Access Violation' PSUNConsole.dll problem.

25. JoeBlack40

Maybe that will be fixed too.

I don't know,i have a pro license for free :D It'll worth waiting,Panda did a good job.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.