Panda 2.0 in Download.com

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by clayieee, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MADx

MADx Registered Member

The third time wasn't the charm, so I decided to move on until this problem is fix. I'm thinking it's a GUI or interface bug within the pro version, I don't get the error with the free version.

Correction I do get the same error with the free version it just happened.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

how much bandwith is it supposed to consume? considering, i think, that the firewall and behaviour blocker also consult the server for creating rules.

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Can you say more about what this means practically? Does it slow the system? What is the downside to an AV that is "I/O hungry"?

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

For most modern computers, unless they have an SSD, the hard drive is the main bottleneck. My programs never max out my CPU or RAM. So it is not good to have the AV program using the disk a lot.

5. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Yes but what's the subjective experience of this? Do you find the computer less responsive?

6. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I stay away from the "subjective". Too many variables. A lot of people "feel" windows 7 is a lot faster than Vista, yet benchmarks show the two are pretty close. So when people tell me a programs "feels smooth", I don't put much merit into it.

7. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Are you familiar with the oft-quoted 2009 study on the effect of computer responsiveness on the user?

It showed that using a computer with an average delay of 1.6sec had negative emotional and behavioural effects on the user:
    http://www.psy.uni-muenchen.de/exp/people/ma/asz/download/szameitat_2009_ijhcs.pdf

Personally I take people at face value when they tell me things seem slower than normal. Also I've seen plenty of benchmarks that have shown a difference in performance between 7 and Vista, but I'm not looking to get into a debate about that :)

8. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I have two friends that I had given the link for the one year free Pro licenses that registered and received them, but since decided they do not want to use them. They are unused and I will give them to the first two that PM me. I do not want them to go to waste so please only respond if you really want to use the Pro version.

9. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I currently have three unused (From CNET Giveaway) Panda Pro registrations, if you're interested in obtaining any of them...Send me a PM.

10. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

That's a good one...people start to giveaway the giveaway licenses.That's how good the new Panda Cloud is....

11. wasgij6

wasgij6 Registered Member

wow it really says something about a product when everyone is giving away their license keys.

12. Tyrizian

It needs a lot more work in my opinion.

It slowed down my tweaked for speed Quad Core machine...That's pretty bad.

13. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

No, whats sad is people take a whole bunch of licenses for themselves and a lot of people may have needed the license more than they did. Too bad those people can't see the giveaway posts on this forum. :doubt:

I don't have a quad core and yet my laptop has absolutely no slow down at all. Plus I have Kingsoft AV running alongside it.

14. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Don't worry. I've seen plenty of other forum members giving away their extra or only licenses in their respective forums.

I've read in a lot of forums people complaining the same thing- slowdowns and various other probs.

15. Tyrizian

Well, it did on mine.

Having Panda added an extra wait time to my startup and made other system apps feel sluggish.

Once I uninstalled Panda, the speed of my computer was restored...no more problems. Startup is quick now and apps open instantly again, even with my current security setup in place.

Plus my system is fully tweaked for performance, without tons of junk and bloat.

I dunno, but if other users are having the same problem...That tells me something ain't right.

16. Cyrano2

Cyrano2 Registered Member

I'm pretty sure they are working on it. Let's give them some time to sort things out :).

17. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

@RADEON0101 So you had the same setup but with Panda instead of CIS?

18. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

the PCA fourms is flooded with people that cant install PCA and a few threads about the lag on their computers.

19. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

After such a huge beta testing period, you better just forget that it will ever be as light as their marketing boys spit out or that bugs like that will even get fixed. Time to move to something else. You can easily get a complete security suite full of bells&whistles that is only half as sluggish as this toy-AV.

20. carat

carat Guest

After a full scan my system seems to be speedy again! :)

21. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Building up the known good cache is supposed to help.
    Also, can you turn off - 'scan after sync' or something like that (can't remember)

22. Tyrizian

Yes

I even tried it without Malwarebytes to see if that was causing a problem with Panda, that was not it. Panda as standalone still made the system feel that way.

23. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I haven't noticed any slowdowns just like the version before it. I'm running this on a win7 64, win7 32 and winXP 32 pc with SBIE loaded as well. No other realtime security other than win firewall.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

Ice

24. rainbow1112

rainbow1112 Registered Member

No auto update from 1.5.2 to 2.0?

nid to download the full installer?

25. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Can anyone tell me how much RAM does the new Panda Cloud AV Pro 2(with firewall) consume especially in XP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.