Why does this happen nearly everytime i start my computer ???

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by SweX, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hi.

Why does this happen nearly every time i start the computer?
    "" NO FILTERING MODE DEFINED. THE PERSONAL FIREWALL IS MALFUNCTIONING. A RESTART MIGHT BE REQUIRED "" And the
    "Windows Securtiy Center" say's that the ESET Firewall is OFF to.
    This diden't happen in the earlier ESS BETAS.
    Every time this happens i need to quit the
    " egui.exe and ekrn.exe " from taskmanager manualy,
    and then restart ESS again.

Will this problem be solved to the final release o_O

Thanks SweX.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hmmm is no one going to answer to this problemo_O it happened just right now when i started the computer, AGAIN. it's really disturbing/annoying.

Please answer and say what i can do about it, and if someone else are having this problem, and remember this wasen't a problem in the earlier ESS betas. I currently use the latest RC1 beta

SweX

3. edchu89

edchu89 Registered Member

The same thing happens to me, intermittantly. Probably 2 out of 3 times I run my PC.

I also get a malfunction with email.

I am running on a Dell Inspiron 640m.
    1GB Memory
    XP SP2

4. papa33600

papa33600 Registered Member

I have also problems retrieving emails on some accounts, what kind of problem do you have?

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

So as not to have numerous ongoing threads containing the same subject matter with duplicate discussion....I have combined 2 of your threads concerning this matter.

We'll also bring this thread to a close and continue in the other thread. If you feel the need to bring the below thread to the forefront....simply make a bump post if the answers given in the other thread have not satisfied your concern. We do ask that any bump posts only be made after a reasonable amount of time has past Please. That is the preferred method versus starting duplicate type threads on the same subject matter.

Continue here---> Firewall get's disabled, 5-8 times now...

Thanks in advance for your consideration,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.