Which Wilders website style do you prefer?

Discussion in 'polls' started by MrBrian, Apr 7, 2014.

?

Which Wilders website style do you prefer (multiple choice)?

1. Default Style (using a PC)

21 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. vB 3.x - Fluid (using a PC)

121 vote(s)
    85.8%
  3. Default Style (using a smartphone)

9 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. vB 3.x - Fluid (using a smartphone)

11 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Default Style - Fluid (using a tablet)

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. vB 3.x - Fluid (using a tablet)

13 vote(s)
    9.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Admins know better about everything of this website. If they grant all of the users wishes then it will get screwed up due to conflict of interests. And as I said, there's Fluid theme and you can set it as default. So there's no problem here.

Oh you... >=V

2. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Fair enough.

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I would rather not have to make those assumptions and know for certain. And it worked just fine before without breaking functionality, so it's obviously possible. If that isn't any longer the case I wouldn't consider this new model an improvement for a site focused on security.

4. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

The forum has moved to new software and it can't be compared to old one. I doubt that there is much administrators can do...

hqsec

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

By mistake I voted for default. I would revote if I could.

+1

Default is too girlish.

6. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

I voted FLUID. It looks better than the default.

7. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Revert back to the previous one?...

8. lucien_phoenix

lucien_phoenix Registered Member

i love the vB 3.x - Fluid on all Devices for me this sytle looks perfect

9. Minimalist

I tried Fluid style few times, but I still prefer and like Default better. :thumb:

10. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

The site admins will one day found out and give us a back something like fluid, I hope. These days wilders is a very unattractive site, well for a couple of months since the move. To read messages. I cant even see the thread count clearly with the sucking default theme. We are now in my browser on the 5th page of this thread. But can I see it?
    No. Not with the default theme. All tabs are the same color.

I was never before needed to allow cookies to be able to read this site. Fluid theme can't be set without allowing them. Without all is quite unreadable.

Dunno if needing to service other people with different than laptops that I suppose are the current main base of this forum users is so darn important. Or if some readable theme would not serve them as well?

I know I am not the only one complaining and I know some like (maybe) the default style too.

11. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Doesn't matter to me if the functionality is the same, as long as legal and moral boundaries are followed.

12. Minimalist

The page number is shown at left site at bottom:

upload_2014-5-18_23-4-40.png

13. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, I don't know for sure, but, I think he was referring to the fact that the current page number, in the list you showed there, was not highlighted in default style. In your image, the boxes for numbers 1 through 5 all appear with the same background.

I just now added a background color to show the current page differently...

highlight-current-page-number.png

If that was it, then, that was a good suggestion for a change. The current page should be highlighted.

14. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Wello LWM, thats sort of an improvement. Thank me for the comment!
    Needs much more though before you can make the default style readable. Beats me why you even try. Perhaps PM me?

15. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

If you have any suggestions you'd like to share privately, certainly feel free to PM me.

But, since people are discussing this topic specifically here, I'd also like to keep this thread going.

I posted screen images of the top of this Poll page, shown in both styles here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/default-vs-vb3-style-comparison.364032/

Click on each thumbnail and open to new windows... then flip from Default to vB3 and back, and then compare just what the differences are and whether they are problematic.

16. Minimalist

When using default style quoted text box is much shorter than text a user writes in post. It feels a little strange to me. In Fluid style that difference is smaller.

17. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

I like the older style better, mainly because the new one has so much white space. I find the light blue easier on the eyes. That's a pet peeve of mine when it comes to more and more websites, such as Google. It's as if they're trying to maximize the light output of the monitor or something. It's especially annoying on a widescreen monitor with the browser maximized.

I also like how the fluid theme has that thick blue bar at the start of each post, separating it more clearly.

18. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I prefer the old original wilders website design when I join this forum, it looks more professional, easy to my eyes and are more "friendlier" and alive. Unlike this present one...this looks anemic, lifeless and boring.

19. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

20. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I like the old style (vB 3.x - Fluid), I still don´t understand why this isn´t the default skin. :(

Perhaps a bit OT, but is it just me or is Wilders Security less "crowded" since the switch? It looks like posters are less active.

21. SweX

SweX Registered Member

One reason afaik is that the new default works better on mobile devices.

22. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

I prefer fluid style - not into the Pastel colours of the Default style which looks like it's been left in the washing machine for several months!

Style notwithstanding - I would like to see changes in the emoticons for Thumbs Up and Thumbs down. Thumbs up looks more like someone with elephants ear, whilst Thumbs down looks like someone scratching their heads (puzzlement?)

Maybe back to the old fist style?

23. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

If that´s the reason, I would really like to know how many people are using a mobile device to visit this site.

I´m not going to lie, it´s starting to become annoying, having to switch from skin everytime I log out. :thumbd:

24. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I wouldn't be @ all surprised if the Vast majority of visitors etc here are NOT on mobiles !

25. waters

waters Registered Member

I like the old style,i hate this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.