Default vs vB3 style comparison

Discussion in 'Image Gallery' started by LowWaterMark, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Top of a Poll page in Default style:

poll-top-default.png

Top of same Poll page in vB3 fluid style:

poll-top-vb3simul.png

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Hmm, I prefer the slimmer Default style for practical reasons. Why are the (s) taking up an entire line in vB3 fluid style?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, the slimmer styling and the smaller action links versus large vB style buttons works better on smaller displays certainly.

Those (s) on the poll options definitely show an issue with how the vB3 style does some bad wrapping on Poll option/result display. Default keeps all of it on one line.

I've been flipping between the two styles and really don't find them so very different. Sure, there's more boxes in the vB3 style... the quote box contains all the text in a shaded background, while the default style uses a quote header bar and a light outline around the quoted text... But, the fonts are the same and the color of the font and main backgrounds are the same. I don't know, it seems like there are only minor style differences. Not an entire "night vs day" difference.

But, that may just be me. I'm used to both styles now, so, I could use either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.