What is your fav online backup service?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Kernelwars, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

Just curious about it..Please share your fav and what makes it your fav... Thanks guys:thumb:

2. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

For my needs (and needs are very important in choosing a service), it's Mozy. I get unlimited (storage) backup services (no frills) for a discounted price of under $50/year. Most importantly, I believe that my data is secure with Mozy!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  3. Wendi

Wendi Registered Member

I've been using humyo for the past 10-days and I really like it, but Aaron is spot-on about assessing your particular backup needs.

At $70/year, humyo is more expensive than some other services for simply backing up, but if you have more than one computer and need to sync files between them (in addition to backing up) then humyo's price becomes attractive.

4. Halffull

Halffull Registered Member

My needs are different, I don't care too much about "unlimited storage", truth is you wouldn't want to back up too much data using online backup it would take months to complete 100GB for instance.

I use SugarSync 30GB home plan, my main reason is that it's not just a backup service it's a storage service too, so all your data is kept safe and sound and more importantly synchronised between multiple computers.

Thry have a free version too with 2GB space, however if you want to go with the free option I would suggest OpenDrive which gives you 5GB on their free accounts.

5. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

Currently using myotherdrive ..its 100gb for $5 / month...:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.