Vincent van Gogh

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by FanJ, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Long ago we had a thread here at TenForward about Vincent van Gogh.

I just found another site with info (thanks to Marianna for her link to the Holland-ring).

http://www.thehollandring.com/vangogh.htm

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

For my buddy Blaze:

At that site are the words posted of a song by Don Mclean.
    It starts with:
    "Starry, starry night".
    It makes me think of that sad thread of you about Zeus.
    I haven't forgotten it........

3. The Snowman

The Snowman Guest

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

4. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

FanJ
    Thanks for the link. I like both Van Gogh and Don Mc Lean!

Van Gogh was a great expressionist. His pure and bright colors, and his brushsrtokes themselves, in their very shapes and rhythms convey the pressure of of a joyous perception of life. Unfortu. his work got "somber" in the end of his life. But what a great painter! :) Also, like many of his contemporaries, he could not made a living out of his paintings...which today cost a fortune.
    BTW, for those who like virtual gallery, I have another link
    here in my favorites. There are figurative artists of this century:
    http://www.galleryone.com/artist_directory.htm

About Don Mc Lean, I still have and old casette tape of American Pie. Madonna made a remake of the song "American Pie" :eek: but I like the original made by Mc Lean best.
    Bye! Uguel

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Not to take anything away from Van Gogh, of course, ;) (the great artist is beyond anything I can rightly comment on), but music is the art form I love the most!! So much can be found in the tune and the lyrics. "Vincent" is a great example of the beauty that can be put into a song. (Too bad the .midi file there was not the best. Oh well, can't have everything.) :rolleyes:

6. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dmawhaaaaaa i know about vangoh ,monah and devinchie i might not be able to spell there names but i have always had an aprechiatin for artistic stuffs lol

ive seen many paintings and actualy got to see the real things on school fild trips in california he he he

bet you guys didnt see that one comeing lol

7. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

omg my name in that song way cool hugggggggggggggsss

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

9. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hi FanJ !

Well, I like music too and understand your choice. But it a diff. matter when your have a try at it. I've been painting and drawing since I'm a teen, went studying Fine Arts at University--I pay my studies by giving drawing lessons-- And it seems not too hard for me. But.... I started playing the guitar a few years ago. No matter how hard I try I'm still MEDIOCRE. :'( People here are glad when I put my guitare away when I'm finished or they would politely ask me to play upstairs instead. :D It is much easier for me and for them to put a CD in the magnetophone! ;)
    Code:
    Two older threads with some links to museums:
    I'll check these tonight, thanks!

Code:
    mawhaaaaaa i know about vangoh ,monah and devinchie i might not be able to spell there names but i have always had an aprechiatin for...

That's what I called Word Arts :D Uguel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.