V14 Free- Want Scheduled Full Backup that doesn't overwrite previous

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by tzr916, Mar 16, 2015.

1. tzr916

tzr916 Registered Member

Not interested in Incremental or Differential. I have a scheduled full disk backup once a week. It works fine but it is over writing the previous week's backup. How can I make it create/save the backup to a new location/folder each week?

2. tzr916

tzr916 Registered Member

Nobody?

Guess I will try a manual method- after backup is taken, manually rename the folder. The next backup should create new folder...

3. John2222

John2222 Registered Member

4. tzr916

tzr916 Registered Member

Appreciate the info. Not sure I understand. Where is the "script"? Do I need to modify the script? or is there an option in v14 that enables creating new folder?

5. John2222

I'm not sure what features are or are not in the HDM 14 free version vs. the one I am using, HDM 15 paid version. As I recall though if HDM 14 if you manually run the full backup, and point to a folder, such as c:\HDMbackup, then HDM will create a unique subfolder of HDMbackup each week. However, I think you want it to do it automatically which is what I was trying to accomplish with HDM 15.

The script is stored in c:\Program Files\Paragon Software\HDM 14\scripts (or something similar). Look for the .psl file and look for the section that has the path and date/time format for where it is stored.

In your case please edit script – change name line to following type.
    arc_name_$(YEAR)_$(MONTH)_$(DAY)_$(HOUR)_$(MINUTE)

Or post the contents of your script file here and maybe someone can identify the specific change needed.

6. John2222

Maybe this will help: In my case here is the "before" line in the script file, and the "after" line which I modified to create unique date/time:

Before:
    vd_store /path = "J:/Paragon HDM15/" /name = "Backup_HDD0_20141106_1518" /vendor = "PVHD"

After:
    vd_store /path = "J:/Paragon HDM15/" /name = "arc_11_$(YEAR)_$(MONTH)_$(DAY)_$(HOUR)_$(MINUTE)" /vendor = "PVHD"

Yours will be slightly different with different path, but notice that the fixed /name= parameter is replaced by variable parameters.