Unable to create bootable media

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by zeeone, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeeone

zeeone Registered Member

Media Builder hangs indefinitely when creating bootable/rescue media. Illustration attached for your review. I tested the new version DiskDirectorSuite10.0.2160_s_en.exe on two (2) separate systems with the same problem.

Please advice

Thanks
    Gerald

Attached Files:

2. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

2160 is well over two years old, and does work Gerald. As you have tried it on two different boxes it seems your download may be faulty. Suggest you get a new one and try again.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

3. zeeone

zeeone Registered Member

Thanks Earthling, but I have done all that over and over again; downloaded, uninstalled and finally installed on a fresh separate system with the same negative results.

Can someone direct me to where I can download the ISO image file to create a boot media for windows file system?

Thanks
    G

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

zeeone:

Coincidentally, there was a post this morning on the True Image forum from someone having similar problems. Perhaps some of the responses there will be helpful.

From your screen shot it looks like the program hangs up while searching for appropriate media hardware. This is the next screen that you should be seeing after clicking "Next" on the dialog shown in your screen shot:

Media Builder.PNG

Note that on my machine it found a floppy drive and a CD-RW drive. If I had plugged in a USB flash drive then that would have appeared in the list. If the program is hanging up before getting to the above dialog then it is probably having trouble identifying hardware. I haven't seen anyone reporting that issue before, so one thing you might try is to temporarily disconnect or disable any floppy drives or optical devices to see if the program proceeds to the next dialog. If it does you could always choose "ISO Image" from the list and then burn the ISO to a CD using your favorite image burning software.

5. zeeone

zeeone Registered Member

I'll definitely give it a shot, k0lo!

Thanks
    G

6. zeeone

zeeone Registered Member

Sorry Mark, as much as I wanted it to, it did not work for me. I stripped the system down completely disconnecting external drives, USB, Firewire, and limited the system to one CD/DVD burner and USB keyboard/mouse.

I wish to add that in dealing with my issue/s the Acronis tech support from this forum and email tech support were most supportive and responsive. The problem has been resolved.

I first bought Partition Commander Professional 10 Avanquest, next was Symantec's Norton PartitionMagic 8.0.

At the end of the day, I must say that Acronis' Disk Director Suite 10 is KING!

Thanks
    G

7. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

zeeone:

Glad to hear that you got it working, but out of curiosity, what did you do to fix it?

8. zeeone

zeeone Registered Member

Nothing spectacular, Mark, as we chose the path of least resistance; as in the boot disk ISO image file :D The key here is that it works.

G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.