True Image Home 2009 build 9788

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MKairys, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pot2pan

pot2pan Registered Member

2. sunrisecc

sunrisecc Registered Member

That was posted much earlier in the day and is useless for me.

3. draman

draman Registered Member

I dont understand one thing. When you are having a genuine serial any latest build for that version must accept it. So far I never had any problem with ATI 10, ATI 11 and ATI 2009 upto 9709 versions. But only this build ie 9788 is not accepting valid serials. I even checked my serial in the acronis site. It confirms being a genuine serial. I even formatted c partition and installed. After rebooting the same problem saying it is trial one. When tried to install over existing version even them same problem. While reinstalling after uninstalling the existing version same problem and installing clean version after formatting same problem. Hope a solution will be found quickly.

4. Vlad V

Vlad V Registered Member

5. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

If I remember correctly there was some issue when ATI2009 came out with it reverting back to a trial version even if a valid serial number was entered - I was one of the ones effected. I had to request a replacement serial number from Acronis which has worked fine since up to build 9770. I haven't tried this build yet after all of the horror stories I'm reading. Not sure if Acronis will release a new build to fix it or perhaps reissue serial numbers that actually work with it.

6. jr39

jr39 Registered Member

Whatever process, no upgrade works. Acronis is making a mess with this upgrade.

7. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

I also had no problems with the upgrade from 9709 to 9788 (via 9709). I uninstalled the previous version and then installed the new one. It accepted my upgrade key fine (which was one I had to change last year as I had one of the faulty ones that behaved like a trial edition).

I'm a UK user of an upgrade edition that was originally bought online from Acronis. Running on Vista x64.

Everything is working great from the testing done so far....very happy user.

8. jimrx4

jimrx4 Registered Member

This is in reply to sunrisecc post; useless for me to. I received an email from Acronis directing me to "exchange" my older serial number for a newer one. Following their directions and after entering my serial number I received the following:

Serial Number Registration
    Please check the following:

•The inserted serial number does not require replacement. Feel free to use it further with your product.
    Please submit the product serial number you currently own (only one serial number can be submitted at once):

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxx ....

What's going on with Acronis?

9. jr39

jr39 Registered Member

I have experienced the same message. Acronis is making a terrible mess with this upgrade.
    One cannot either implement Acronis on a brand new installation of Vista.

10. aet01

aet01 Registered Member

I had a similar problem when I upgraded from the acronis (diskwizard) 10 to 11, but then had to go back to 10 (11 didn't work right). Here are my notes on how to unfoul vista from DW11 (based on TI 11):

To remove dw11 and go back to dw10 I had to:

- uninstall DW11 via control panel
    - remove reg keys
    -hklm\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Acronis Scheduler2 Service
    -hklm\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Seagate Scheduler2 Service
    -hklm\SOFTWARE\Acronis
    -hklm\SOFTWARE\Seagate (permission issues, take ownership/change permissions)

- kill sch procs schedhlp and schedul2
    - delete folder "c:\program files\common files\seagate"

-install dw10
    -------------------------------------

I hope it helps.

And, no. It seems they USED to do better than this, not now. Now they just don't seem to care anymore.

Things can change.

Rick.

11. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I just noticed that build 9788 has been removed from the available downloads and replaced with the previous build 9709.

Bruce

12. sunrisecc

Confirmed.o_O

13. sunrisecc

14. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Thank you that explains the issue.

Bruce

15. Gandalf

Gandalf Registered Member

UK user, downloaded new build 9788 then used the setup file to install new build over the old. Only probs I had was error: install interupted - retry installation, then my software firewall OA, blocked Trueimagemonitor - after allowing, installation continued as was completed. Upon running a full backup test via run this manually - failed - had to download 325zip and install schedule helper via its batch file. Finally everything AOK. No problems with serial number. :cool:

16. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

The latest build offered to me on my registered products in the UK is 9770 not 9788. I have never rec'd any emails in the last 18 months about new builds.

Acronis quality control is just non existent.

17. JonPaulOnLine

JonPaulOnLine Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.