The Pale Moon Project

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Does anyone use this browser, & if so, what are its advantages over Firefox (if any)?

The Pale Moon Project

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I tested it out and the differences are so slight it's not worth bothering with, why because only one person manages this project. So who would you rather use a browser by a team of developers or one person? Point is he'll never be able to do what Firefox does, just make supposed changes to improve, at least that's the hype.

I used Pale Moon and I really did not see any differences in speed and less memory consumption, in fact the exact opposite, Firefox used less ram then Pale Moon while I was testing them both on YouTube.

If you HONESTLY want a fast and light browser and you can do without all the bells and whistles, nothing can beat K-Meleon, hands down it's the lightest and fastest!

If you want speed and the goodies use Opera 10.

3. Daveski17

OK DasFox, thanks for the info. :thumb:

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

As a long time user of Opera and Kmeleon, I think chromium is faster in all respects. It pained me to come to that conclusion after resisting for quite some time, but I simply cannot deny it. It might use more ram, but it is fast.

Sul.

5. Daveski17

I used to use Opera a lot, I don't have it on my desktop now. K-Meleon was another I used to use a lot, it was ahead of its time in many respects. I actually have Chrome as my default browser, although in my opinion it is not as fast as SRWare Iron & for some reason seems to take its time in Yahoo! Mail. I have noticed this on more than one computer, so it isn't a 'platform' thing. If I was suspicious I'd wonder if the Yahoo!/Microsoft deal thingy had something to do with that. It doesn't seem to affect Iron particularly. Luckily I'm not suspicious. ;)

6. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I tried it some months ago, but at that time I kept getting error messages because of KeyScrambler Free (an add-on type program I use with FF and IE), so I uninstalled PaleMoon.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.