Support website down?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AaronAnderson, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronAnderson

AaronAnderson Registered Member

any idea when the support site will be available again?

2. CAOgdin

CAOgdin Registered Member

It appears to me that my entire $3500 investment in Acronis software is going down the toilet. It's obvious that Acronis has taken all your money and mine and is shutting down.

The website is hosed. They've destroyed my list of registered products, and the pages provided for entering new ones is broken and never records any changes. So, I can't even get support.

The website has pages that no longer exist: Login on some pages, and you're sent to "Page not found."

Attempts to contact support have been rebuffed by eMail. I've sent five requests in the past two weeks, and NONE of them have been responded to. Not one!

I just tried to call their corporate offices at 1 877 669-9749 (Corporate Sales only) and a recorded message says, "leave us a message; we'll call you back."

These are all signs of a company that is either a) going out of business, or b) winding up a scam of selling undebugged Russian software without any intent to support it or fix it's problems.

I'm going to have to do a LOT of damage control with my clients, because I converted them all to Acronis TrueImage products, from servers to workstations. Now, I'm going to have to find another product that will do the job and buy all new software. It looks like Paragon Software has the only comparable product. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

3. Tom Brown

Tom Brown Registered Member

I share your sense of potential monetary loss (mine's about the same as yours, counting customers and other associates). I also sympathize with your frustration. I notice that the friendly Acronis Support poster on these forums has also apparently gone "on holidays." I think I would too, if I were him.

Somewhere else I note that there is announcement of a new website launch scheduled for Sept. 14. It might be worth waiting a few days before doing anything rash.

Thank you for the reference to Paragon. It looks like TeraByte also has some interesting products. Frankly though, given the current condition of the economy, any software company could go belly up at any time (or any other company for that matter, including yours and mine, although I'm not so sure about yours).

4. Kritker

Kritker Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.