Acronis Support Website is NOop?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tom Brown, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Brown

Tom Brown Registered Member

I purchased my first copy of Acronis True Image (version 6) in 2003 ... over five years ago. I have recommended the product to friends, relatives, customers, and employers, and have experience with every version through 11.

I purchased a new copy (download) of ATI 11 from Newegg.com in August, because I was getting a new laptop. I registered the product, went to the support website as I normally do, and downloaded the (at the time) latest build.

Yesterday I have my new laptop and go to check the site again before installing. Now Acronis appears to be running MS IIS (very alarming), and the whole support site is broken. Can't log in with the email address and password I've been using for over 5 years; 'forgot username' and 'forgot password' links simply return HTTP errors; and once I finally get the account activated again they no longer know my name, address, phone number, or whether I have ever registered any products with Acronis; tried to register my latest purchase again, and the registration page won't accept my license key.

My question is simple: What (in the name of all that is sacred) has gone wrong with Acronis? I can't operate this way. For now, I will NOT install ATI on my new laptop; I will NOT be making any further recommendations of the product; and I WILL be contacting all my customers to make sure I am doing research to find out what backup solution they should purchase instead.

2. Kritker

Kritker Registered Member

From Acronis, via LiveChat:
    Me:
    "What is wrong with the Acronis support web site. I am unable to login to my account and I have read reports from others that confirm the web site is essentially down and has been for some time now. Any insight?"

Acronis:
    "Yeah, that's true, we have some tech problems. Our web team works on this problem and hopefully it will be fixed very soon. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience."

Me:
    "Well, could they at least post something to the web site indicating the nature of the problem and when they'll have it fixed?"

Acronis:
    "I'll suggest it to them."

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  3. Tom Brown

And I would ask,

Does this sound like it's coming from Burlington, Mass.? Don't think so. Does it sound hopeful? Not to my ears, it doesn't.

4. Kritker

Kritker Registered Member

FWIW, seen today on http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/,
    "For your benefit, we are currently updating the Customer Account portion of Acronis.com. We will release the new and improved version on Sunday, September 14 at 10:00 PM EDT. If you have an urgent matter regarding your account, please use our Live Chat service for immediate assistance: Click here to visit our Live Chat Area"​

The direct link to Live Chat is https://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/32242511/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=32242511&byhref=1&SESSIONVAR!skill=GENERAL_SUPPORT&imageUrl=http://www.acronis.com/pics/liveperson

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  5. Tom Brown

Thank you for that bit of news. Until Monday, we won't really know about the website, I guess. However, I did go to the live chat and just flat out ask the guy 'what acronis products do i have registered with you?' In about 5 minutes, he actually gave me a list, and it looks right. So, I'm a little reassured.

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Meanwhile, back in the real world.... services deemed as even slightly important are normally maintained on line, whilst the new system is rolled out alongside it. These guys are lightweights and do not deserve their considerable customer base.

The bit that really sticks in my throat is the "For your benefit" part.

I have used TI for many years, but I think the best thing that can happen for this market at the moment is if Acronis sink without trace.

F.

7. CAOgdin

CAOgdin Registered Member

I have to agree with you. They are complete "lightweights."

It's now September 16th, and--according to Acronis and their "new and improved" website--I own no registered Acronis products.

Oh, and they still have not responded to the four eMails and a written letter I've sent them over the past two weeks.

Apparently, they'd prefer I just go away and never come back.

--Carol Anne

8. CAOgdin

CAOgdin Registered Member

Here's what's going on this morning: I go to http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/index.html

It admonishes me to Login, so I do. When I click the [Login] button, it get to http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/index.html
    which reads:

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access.

HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

They get marks for consistency, however: Their website is as buggy as their products.

9. DadCooks

DadCooks Registered Member

After experiencing all of the problems above and in a couple of related posts, I too now find that acronis has lost all four of my registered products too :mad: .

So acronis expects us to "trust" that they know how to produce backup software? They cannot even manage to keep their own site or customer records intact.

For all the problems acronis should at least offer us free upgrades to TI 12 (or is it to be TI 2009 now?)--not that they have shown any substantive improvements in the last 4 or so "new versions".

10. foghorne

The www.acronis.co.uk address is now serving a blank page.

Not only can I not login to my account. When I ask for my password to be resent to me, the web page tells me that my email address is not recognised.

I wonder if they have finally shutup shop.

Might be the best thing to have happened for a long time.

F.

11. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

I am so happy that besides having TI I also have Terabyte's Image for Windows, which I like just as much. Always worth having more than one string to your bow.

12. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

Login doesn't know my account anymore!!!

13. Forellenblau

Forellenblau Registered Member

14. Tom Brown

As the above post indicates, the European English site probably knows all about you. Instructions:

• Go to www.acronis.com
    • Top left, if the legend "USA (North America) - English" appears, click the dropdown arrow and select "Europe - English."
    • You should now be at http://eu.acronis.com/
    • Top right, click "My Account"
    • If not logged in, fill in the "Login to Your Account" fields on the right
    For me, at least, it knows my details, all my purchases, serial #s, etc.

However, until someone explains to me how U.S. support has suddenly gone bonkers, I will not be purchasing or recommending any new Acronis products.

15. como

como Registered Member

The UK site is working now, but the US site does not recognise me any more!

16. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

These website all give you a licenseserver.exe file .... this is the EU version and your US keys will not work with IT!!!!

17. pbniel

pbniel Registered Member

I have been trying for at least 2 weeks to update my product to no avail with their non functioning websight. They are not even answering my e-mails anymore. In total frustration, I have begun to post the following on all the computer forums I regularly visit. As you can tell I have had it with their lack of support.

A Report On Acronis’ Backup Product.

I heard that Acronis backup software was pretty good and I wanted an alternative to the “software” raid on my 680i SLI board. My experience with Acronis has not, however, been good so I thought I would give everyone a heads up to be sure they do not fall into the same traps.

First, I should tell you that I am using Acronis now and have it pretty much figured out after 9 months, but it is very far from an intuitive product. In fact most of its operations are at best confusing. I measure the quality of software based on whether it can be used without having to read a book of instructions to make it work. Even Adobe Photoshop was easier to figure out than Acronis. Add to this the fact that there are numerous bugs in the program and it is not a pretty picture. For example, Acronis uses the most confusing “wizard” to set up backups I have ever seen – it will take at least 3 tries to get it done even after reading all the “help” files. Additionally, the utilities in Acronis should be avoided as the cleanup utility crashes my machine everytime.

To add insult to injury their customer service is just horrible. When I tried to access my account, apparently their server forgets their customers. So I re-entered all my information and their websight still just kept bouncing me out. Several e-mails and numerous online chats later over a 2 week period and I still cannot access my account to download updates. The excuses I have been given were that their server was being updated and they would get back to me when it was done – they never did. Then in an online chat I gave them all my account information and they said they could access my account and all I had to do was chose my product and download the updates. As mentioned before, though, everytime I tried on their websight in the real world I just got the “cannot find page” message from their websight. Finally, in frustration, I sent them an e-mail outlining the problem and their automated response said I would receive a reply within 2 days. This was 6 days ago and still no help. So just know once you buy the product you will be on your own.

There has to be a better way – I have heard that Norton Ghost may be better and I will shortly be giving it a try and writing Acronis off as a bad investment.

18. gejfay

gejfay Registered Member

Still waiting for resolution.
    Acronis has lost me even though I've purchased
    Acronis Recovery Expert
    True Image version 6,7,8,9,10,11
    Acronis Echo Workstation
    Acronis TI Sever 8

Please find me Acronis. I don't like being lost!!
    Also I need to purchase 1 year of support for Echo Workstation how do I do that since Acronis doesn't even know who I am?

19. Forellenblau

That's right :mad:

The licenseserver stuff in the german versions is the last thing i want!

Forellenblau

Edit:
    Try the Asian (English) site - there is listed the normal Echo version

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  20. reddog66

reddog66 Registered Member

by using a different site, like the European site I to was able to access my registered products, thanks for the info. Atleast I can be assured my product information is stored somewhere. Thanks again.

21. foghorne

I have long since been astonished that they use a metaphor for "the end" of something, i.e. a chequered racing flag, as an icon to "start" a backup. Very odd, and this must be very confusing to new users. It's incredible that the product has sold as well as it has.

F.

22. reddog66

reddog66 Registered Member

Re: not at all

Well... I have lost the ability to access my account along with my registered products. No matter what site I visit, Canadian, European, or the States I can't gain access to my account. This crap has got to stop. I have contacted Acronis support and that too was a joke. I think I was talking to someone that was diffenitely Over sea's, maybe the Ukraine, I give up. Yesterday, I was able to at least get access to my account by choosing a different Country, that's not happening today. If anyone is still able to gain access please let me know how you are doing it. Thanks,
    Donk

23. como

como Registered Member

Re: not at all

I have just got into my account by using the drop down list and selecting United Kingdom, however when I try to logon on the US site (my usual method of downloading updates) I am directed to set a new secure login password, see attachment.

Attached Files:

24. Forellenblau

With this procedure your password for your account is reset. If you fill this form out, you'll get a activation key via email. Double click on the url in this email, enter the key and you can set a new password - or leave the old one.

Acronis seems to urge one to set a secure password...

OK i can login again but.... no serials at all...:mad:

On the Australian Site i see all my registered products, but Echo WS ist not downloadable in the latest version, only the initial release is available...:mad:

Forellenblau

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  25. LaryW

LaryW Registered Member

<rant>
    Was there or was there not supposed to be an update for TI11 Home available 9/14/08? I thought I saw it on there web site around the 13th. But like everyone else I couldn't log in to my account until yesterday but none of my registered products are shown.

I've been "communicating" with support about TI11 locking up when doing a system state backup. Their last suggestion was to uninstall a couple programs but didn't offer any assurance that would fix the problem. When I said I wouldn't uninstall without assurance I've heard nothing since then. About 3 days ago.

As a personal and corporate buyer/user I'm very disappointed with both their support and a week of web site problems. Maybe it's time to find something else.

</rant off>

Lary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.