Strange IE6 behavior

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by zaxis, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaxis

zaxis Registered Member

The other day when I opened IE6 on my XP laptop, I noticed all the links on the links toolbar had vanished. I looked in the Favorites/Links folder and it was empty. All my other Favorites were ok. Then i noticed that the word "Links" on the links toolbar and the word "Address" on the Address bar had changed color from black to gray, almost too light to make out! At first I thought it was grayed out, but I think not now. Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this or a possible fix? System Restore didn't cure the problem, and I tried every restore point I had. An AVG scan showed no infection. I have Spyware Guard and and Spyware Blaster, and also Ad-aware and Spybot S&D. -rob-

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. zaxis

zaxis Registered Member

I would tend to agree. I just noticed that it's not just IE6. If you look in Windows Explorer and bring up the address bar there, it's a grayish color also. I tried repairing IE6, both methods, and no success. -robert-

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hmm....that is a horse of a different color. Possible hardware problem....as in video :doubt:

5. zaxis

zaxis Registered Member

~Mod note....see post below....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2005
  6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Unfortunately zaxis....we no longer allow HJT logs being posted except under certain conditions. We can however continue assisting you but without the aid of an HJT log. Please visit the below link concerning the posting of HJT logs.

This link---> Stopping HijackThis Log Cleaning Services!

Regards,
    Bubba

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.