Some questions about NOD32 v2.5 settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MarYo, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarYo

MarYo Registered Member

I've read the useful NOD32 extra settings guide by Blackspear, I'm slightly confused about the followings:

- Do I need to leave DMON enabled ? Here I've only Frontpage 2003 installed to occasionally manage my web site. I don't have Word, Excel etc.

- Do I need to leave EMON enabled since I don't have/run Outlook ?

Turning Off the above modules will free some system resource ?

- I've turned all the application listed in IMON > HTTP > CLIENT COMPATIBILITY to Higher Efficency. There are some known application that fail in this mode ? At the moment I run Opera, Admuncher, Eudora and CuteFTP apparently without problem.

Thanking in advance for any advice!

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

Regarding IMON look here

3. MarYo

MarYo Registered Member

Thanks for the link suggestion. With Higher Efficency turned On I see that Opera page rendering is a little bit slower, but acceptable.

Cheers.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You can leave it enable, because you will not notice any diference on speed...

I've it disable, because I only use Thunderbird...

I didn't notice more free resources by disabling the EMON...

You should put in Higher Compatibility some applications like Download Managers, Programs that use streams like Video Players, Audio Players...
    And if you some problem with other programs, put them in Higher Compatibility too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.