HTTP compatibility setup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Antarctica, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I did adjust everything to Higher efficiency as Blackspear recommand it in is tutorial.

Now he says "Unless you experience problems with certain program" What could be the problems for instance?

Thanks in advance for lighting up my candle... :)

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I will take a stab at it here.

I would assume problems could vary quite widely. For the most part, I would expect slowdowns, timeouts, and with regards to web browsers possibly slowdowns in page rendering or just general surfing.

I will let the experts chime in on that one tho.

HTH,

Jag :)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

From the help file.

In active (higher efficiency) mode, IMON first downloads and scans whole file and then passes it on to the target application. This procedure is safer because in the case of an infiltration the application does not receive any portion of the downloaded file. A disadvantage is that the application receives all data at once, therefore it cannot show the download status properly. Therefore, if the download lasts for more than 5 seconds, a small window showing the dowload progress pops up beneath the system tray. Active mode is not suitable for certain types of data which requires a continual data flow (e.g. multimedia, streaming video/audio).

4. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thank you ronjor, for your clear explanation. :) Now I understand why sometimes my Firefox pages would not be displayed completely. Since I change Firefox.exe for higher compatibility it solved this problem.

It's funny because I did not have this problem if I would use IE.

Thanks also to jaguar to take time to answer my question. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.