Scott Finnie: another Scott's LNS review...

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Climenole, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi all :)

This is the continuation of a previous thread :

Look 'n' Stop 2.06 Gets a Miss

I found the Scoot's review this time in ComputerWorld... :rolleyes:

Scott Finnie-Computer World

Same comments about sounds... and Matousec tests :rolleyes:

It's funny to see how a stupid can spread his comments all around the Web.

Did he's paid for this? :rolleyes:

What is less funny it's the reputation of LNS as commercial product.

May be it's time for somebody to close the Scott's big mouth and alike by giving a reply to this...

Have a nice day.

:)

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

He must have been watching closely the Look 'n' Stop forum, he revamped his Look 'n' Stop piece to make it seem little less amateur-like. I suppose he doesn't have the freedom to express himself like at his own site, saying the things like "And if you don't have a life ..."...

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

The sound attribute is basically used on the denying Internet-filtering rules, some real indications when hearing the sound alert are unsolicited TRAFFIC, attacks or un-configured client applications access. Many common client applications will uses the common TCP authorising rule, so no sound is produced, but applications like p2p (peer-to-peer) software that needs custom created or imported p2p rules that authorise without warning. The pre-bundled rulesets are designed as an secure foundation with the basic rules for standard clients access, if you running servers then server rules needs to be created / imported, like for peer-to-peer softwares. Different users different interests with different custom or importable rules needs, a user doesn't want to see by default installation a bunch of server rules authorising inbound access to non-existing servers...

4. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

Well, he (Scot) obviously made up his mind long before testing: Bottom line: I can live with Comodo (and that's exactly what I'm doing).

(By the way, did anyone count the times the words Firewall Leak Tester and Matousec appeared in this article? :thumbd:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.