Scanning on-line?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Bartman, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bartman

Bartman Registered Member

Can TDS-3 scan or monitor in the background while on-line to prevent trojan viruses entering a system?

I've used PestPatrol, before and was very disappointed in the poor quality of the program. Three days after my purchase my security.dll file was corrupted.

Do I need to make any type settings to prevent this from happening again?

And if so, what suggestions does TDS-3 recommend?

When I went to Forums, under the help menu, I was directed to what looked like a bogus website. Example: when you mispell a website name by accident and get redirected to what looks like a generic site or one that looks like it may attach spyware to your system.

Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Bartman,

Welcome to Wilders Security Forums!

If you are a registered TDS-3 user, (meaning that you have purchased TDS-3, and are not just running an evaluation copy), then you can enable Execution Protection which sets TDS-3 to scan all executable files prior to their being able to run on your system. It will prevent Trojans from being able to run on your system.

You enable Execution Protection through the TDS-3 GUI: TDS > Execution Protection > Install. (Take a look 'here' for a little more information on this.)

Take a look at this thread for some recommended configuration information:

Basic configuration of TDS-3

Yes, the domain name for the DCS forum site changed recently and the menu item in TDS-3 is out-of-date. The new site is:

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/forum/index.php

I hope this helps,
    LowWaterMark

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Bartman,
    welcome!

For PestPatrol i'm sure David and Cie. will help you out. If there would be any issue between for instance PP and TDS (there are none) the developers among them will work that out and help to solve such problems.

TDS is not really to be compared with that, it works different and concentrates on trojans and worms, keyloggers, dialers, etc. in the first place.

LWM explained your questions already very clear!
    For visiting the bogus site (the domain name is no longer connected to DCS) you might like to make sure you cleaned out the cookies placed by that.
    LWM gave you the only valid DCS forum URL already, which is in my signature too all time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.