scanning in safe mode

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kaminikij, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaminikij

kaminikij Registered Member

I am using the trial version and want to purchase but I have a few concerns. One of them has been put to rest by reading the post in this forum on locked files but it mentioned scanning in safe mode to be sure. I decided to go into safe mode and do a scan, but when I click on nod32 I recieve an error message that says "error occured nod 32 kernel service". I am very concerned about that. Why would this happen. Do I have a problem with Nod or maybe a virus? Also I cannot use spybot and had to uninstall. I have been told thats an incompatability issue with IE7 but I am not so sure. The only other spyware progam installed is superantispyware free addition and I am in a panic that I dont have enough protection. Please help. Thanks kaminikij

2. GhostMan

GhostMan Eset Staff Account

Hi

kernel is not running in safe mode, so when you open Control Center, this message will appears. Instead of CC, run only nod32.exe on-demand scanner.

Cheers.

3. kaminikij

But how do I do that if I cant open the control center.Please forgive my lack of understanding but I was born when hi tech was black& white TV. Also do you think I have enough protection. Again many thanks for the help
    kaminikij

4. GhostMan

No problem :)

Start - Programs - Eset - Nod32 (not Nod32 Control Center)

Cheers.

5. kaminikij

Thanks. I will give it a try when this darn storm passes over.Now if I can get an answer as to protection I will be a happy camper!

6. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I use exactly the same software you do; Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware and NOD32. Dont worry, you are completely safe. :thumb:

7. GhostMan

8. kaminikij

Thank you so much for the help. Seems a lot of people had the same question
    so I know I'm not alone. As far as other protection I dont have spybot anymore. All I am running at this time is nod and superantispyware. I have used spybot for years but the last few updates seemed to do me in. My computer ran like a car without power steering and I could get to a lot of sites I used before with no problem. I didnt no what else to do but uninstall it. Thats why I am so concerned. I am really scared I will get my computer wiped out again but at the same time I do want to use my computer. Any advice on that line.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The only 2 programs that I recommend are NOD32 and Online Armor.

Cheers :D

10. kaminikij

what is online armour? Does it work well with Nod?

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it runs well . Blackspear uses it and as far as I know he has never complainted because of them ;) :D :thumb:

12. kaminikij

Thank you so much, all of you for your help.This forum is the only one that doesnt make me feel like a fool for asking questions. Were can I obtain online armour?
    Also I just want to clarify when I purchase Nod I dont have to uninstall the trial version and reinstall the purchased version.

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is paid application and one must pay to use it . You should also undertstand that it isn't a must , you may be with and without it.
    Online Armor's site www.tallemu.com

Possible . Read this when you get your username/password for NOD32:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=918724#post918724

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.