Sandboxie-Plus 1.9.4, 1.9.5

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, May 24, 2023.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

But they are, slightly different as NormalKeyPath and a wildcard at the end, just look in Templates.ini
    Code:
    [TemplatePModPaths]
    #NormalKeyPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\*
    #NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\*
    #NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\*
    #NormalKeyPath=\REGISTRY\USER\*_Classes\*
    WriteKeyPath=\REGISTRY\USER\*
    #
    NormalFilePath=%SystemRoot%\*
    NormalFilePath=%SbieHome%\*
    NormalFilePath=%ProgramFiles%\*
    NormalFilePath=%ProgramFiles% (x86)\*
    # shell & ui
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ApplicationAssociationToasts\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FileAssociations\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\*
    NormalKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\*

2. DjKilla

DjKilla Registered Member

@Mr.X - Yea, it's strange but I've tested multiple times and the two registry settings (provided by busy) in my last post are what really works. Like you said, very minor differences but 'This is the way!'.

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

4. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

will be fixed in 1.9.6

5. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

:thumb: for the sandboxie.ini timestamp fix.

6. APMichael

APMichael Registered Member

7. DjKilla

What I do is steps 1-6 then I copy the sandboxie.ini file in the Windows folder to another folder. When a new Sandboxie version gets released, I uninstall Sandboxie, then copy the sandboxie.ini I saved earlier to the Windows folder and install the new version of Sandboxie. From there you just need to do steps 7-10 and you're done. Either way, it's really up to what's best for you. As a reminder, all the steps is only necessary if you want to use Auto Delete using the red box and maybe the blue box.

8. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

I'm not sure how best to fix this as we don't want to leak any information from the host, so we could make a solution for browsers only knowing the folders pre-create empty once start, I'll look into that.

But what will surely be better will be to put the procedure described earlier into an automated troubleshooting script to make it easy

9. DjKilla

Whatever you decide, it's fine with me. I'm just thankful for you and busy to explain and help to get everything working. I'm all about keeping it as simple as possible but getting the most protection. Each level of protection has its requirements like going to an orange box, Start Restrictions and maybe Network Options is needed. Going to a red box, you have to use the Resource Access and get your hands dirty with paths and maybe registry keys and snapshots. A guide explaining the settings or even better, steps to get each box working explaining the needed required settings is what's really needed for new customers and even the more advanced people who knows this stuff well but want to take sandboxie above and beyond. I know there's no-one volunteering to do this but I'm still hoping someone with time and a good knowledge of how everything works can write and give examples of what each setting does. Until then, I'll try to help and explain with what I know when I have time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.