Sandboxie-Plus 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Jun 7, 2022.

1. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Okay, I've removed the Process ID's
    On my dust collector machine - 1.1.test2 - feels okay - #120
    On my daily rider machine - I'm back with 1.0.22
    Note: my Edge Settings may vary from your Edge Settings -

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

Same problem with latest Google Chrome and Sandboxie Plus 1.1.1: white screen with hardware acceleration ON. OFF no problem. With 1.1.0 no problem both OFF and ON. Win 10 x64.

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Thank you but no, I am not interested in reading about all the changes (too many). As for why I asked this questions, the reason is because I think the answers can be handy to most people who are having the issue. As for what I specifically asked, someone private messaged a couple of pictures showing what I wanted to know (to you, Thank you).

Bo

5. Izettso

Izettso Registered Member

Thank you for the information. I have Windows 11 Pro 21H2 OS Build 22000.708 which is different from yours. Also please note that I'm using DefenderUI 1.02 Free and I don't use any Office suite.

6. Izettso

CopyQ.ZZdhpw.png I tried to install v.1.1.test2, but was not successful. The attached images tell some of the story.
    CopyQ.kcVfhZ.png View attachment 272613 CopyQ.ZgsadY.png CopyQ.RuNTHR.png

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  7. Stelica

Stelica Registered Member

8. Izettso

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be the DefenderUI setting. I have it as Interactive. I changed it to Default mode and installed Sandboxie-Plus v.1.1.test2. No luck again. None of Firefox, Chrome or LibreOffice start. For the browsers I get "chrome.exe (1360): SBIE2303 Could not hook CreateServiceW (SEC)" and "firefox.exe (1698:cool:: SBIE2303 Could not hook CreateServiceW (SEC)" notifications. For LibreOffice and Edge there is no notification; nothing happens.

In any case I previously uninstalled DefenderUI (after setting it to Default mode), but again none of the SB-Plus versions that I tried worked. I even tried a couple of v.5.56.x and 5.55.x versions, but the results were the same.

9. Stelica

Stelica Registered Member

Uninstall Sandboxie and do not save the Sandboxie.ini file. Reboot. Install Sandboxie 5.55.22 Classic or version Plus (I don't know the number). Reboot.
    It should work.

10. Izettso

I really wish it would work. I tried it after setting DefenderUi to the Default mode, but after installing and running Sandboxie the same notification comes up or in the other cases that I already mentioned there is no notification but also no program starts. This is very upsetting.

11. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

It seems as though some security setting may have changed on your system perhaps.
    Have you thought of running as administrator the following...

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ( you need internet connection to do it)
    and then a System File check (SFC)
    It cannot do any harm.

By the way when I do an uninstall of Plus I always make sure these are gone after a reboot
    C\Sandbox
    C\users\name\appdata\local\sbie plus\sbie.ini
    C\ Program files\Sandboxie-Plus

EDIT.. Forgot C\Windows \sandboxie.in

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  12. Izettso

Thank you for the suggestions. I use Install Monitor for uninstallations and I think it's pretty good. Anyway, I checked and none of the folders you mention exist any more on my laptop.

I'll try the DISM and SFC that you suggest, but I doubt that I'll find anything useful.

What worries me is that I used to have Comodo Internet Security installed until a few weeks ago and perhaps the uninstallation didn't do a proper cleanup. I dread to think that the only solution left is to re-install Windows and all programs from the beginning. Based on my experience it's a process that takes me at least three days even if I have backups of my settings and I'm as fully prepared for it as possible.

13. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.