Sandboxie Plus 0.9.8d

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Stelica

Stelica Registered Member

The event log says - Name of application with defects SbieSvc.exe, 5.53.3 version.
    SbieSvc does not crash is only an error log.
    With 5.53.2 version this event log does not appears.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

@Stelica
    Can I just ask something, sometimes in your posts you mention 5.53.2 and 5.53.3
    Other times you say 5.33.2 and 533.3
    Which one are you having the error with?

3. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

To my understanding the error is with 5.53.3 and the 5.53.2 works fine, i presume this error is related to the com change i need to do in the last build in order to get the virtual desktop stuff to work.
    The sbiesvc seams now to be invoked for an other open com path that causes an error log.
    I may need to have 2 open com options one for process hoster and one for self hosted com objects but than having 2 different com open setting might be confusing for the user.

4. Stelica

The error is with 5.53.3. I think that it appears when I open an edge pdf document sandboxed. Thank you!

5. Stelica

I said that the error is with 5.53.3. Sandboxie 5.53.2 works fine!

6. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Registered Member

@Stelica You're still giving two completely different answers about the problem version.

Two comments above you've clarified with the reply: "The error is with 5.53.3. I think that it appears when I open an edge pdf document sandboxed. Thank you!"

However one comment above you've clarified with the reply: "I said that the error is with 5.33.3. Sandboxie 5.33.2 works fine!"

If the error is with 5.53.3 then David has given you an answer three comments above.

5.33.3 (if there is such a version number) is ancient now and riddled with security holes, which have since been patched in higher versions.

7. Stelica

The first message is for David who understood where was the problem. The second message was for @stapp.
    I'll say it again. I had an error in the event viewer with sandboxie 5.53.3 and I went back to 5.53.2.

8. catspyjamas

Fine, it's juts for stapp you gave a different answer, hence my questioning.

9. Stelica

Ok. @stapp asked me which version has an error and I answered - 5.53.3 has an error, the previous version 5.53.2 works fine.
    All the best!

10. Stelica

I apologize. It's my fault. Where I wrote 5.33.3 it had to be 5.53.3. Also 5.53.2 not 5.33.2!
    I changed my posts. Thanks for understanding!

P.S.
    But from David's answer this error is not easy to fix. It is true that it is only in event viewer and I did not have a sandboxie crash.

11. catspyjamas

Honestly, if it's only a log in event viewer and functionality is normal then I wouldn't stress about it. Event viewer is typically full of stuff like that where nothing is actually broken or affecting use. Sometimes it's as simple as different software talking to each other.

12. Stelica

I agree, but sometimes it gets annoying because it appears as a windows error file in temporary files!

13. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

This is a forum, after all. So simply describing a phenomenon or even issue IMHO doesn't by any means amount to the level of "stressing". In a dedicated forum all (strange) observations related to the topic should be welcome. Perhaps they might hint on a more severe or even sinister hidden problem.

14. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

I have been using sbie classic 5.53.3 on Windows 7SP1 without problems.
    Today, I tried to install sbie-plus 0.9.8.4 but encountered an error from sandman.exe
    at the very end of the installation:
    Something like "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll not found".
    and "re-installing ... may fix this problem"

Anyone have any idea what this means and any resolution? Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention: 64bit (Win 7 Pro SP1)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  15. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

16. soccerfan

@Brummelchen, thanks!
    Your link led me to install visualC++2015 Redistributable and no more error.

17. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

you are welcome.

18. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

19. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

BTW, what about this, see links. I really would like to switch to Sandboxie Plus, because I think the GUI looks great, you did a pretty good job. But I can't switch as long as the ugly looking dotted lines stay present. :gack:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-0-9-8.441287/page-4#post-3046276
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-0-9-8.441287/page-5#post-3048491

20. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Qt does not intent you to be able to remove the rectangle, it would be some work to write some own drawing routines to have something own without it, and it probably will break dark mode and high DPI scaling when not done right. I think there are more important things for me to work on than re implementing Qt classes with some really minor graphical change.

Also please notice that the rectangle is not useless it only encloses the selected cell not the entire line, so in views with multiple columns it has a meaning and indicates selection in more detail.

21. soccerfan

Amen! @DavidXanatos, thank you for saying that out aloud.

22. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

And I am looking forward to v1.0.0 VERY MUCH!!

23. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

So 1.0.0 in in the making... of cause it will be a pre release/beta as it will include so many new features that it should first be tested.
    A final final will probably be 1.1 anyhow it would be good to complete a list of minor UI features that should be don in the first final 1.x.x release

How is the verdict on Windows 11's dumbed down context menus? Do we need support for that by 1.1?

24. Monica2000

Monica2000 Registered Member

Am i the only one using W11 here? Because i opened this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/windows-11-bugs.441463/ and nobody wrote there.

David, are you supporting W11?

25. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Technically yes I support windows 11 but i use a lot of tools to make it look lile 10 even though I only use it in a test VM

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.