Sandboxie Plus 0.9.8

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Oct 15, 2021.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

@lunarlander
    Yes SandboxieCrypto runs when Sandboxie does.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

When you say missing do you mean you have no way to access Edge, or just that the icon is blank?
    Do you mean the icon is not on your desktop or that it is not in your taskbar?
    What operating system?

3. lunarlander

lunarlander Registered Member

@stapp. Thanks. So now I have OK'd sandboxiecrypto when started by Chrome.

4. superkryo

superkryo Registered Member

That's interesting to know as I have the same problem as @algol1 on 11th gen with Iris Xe. Is your Iris Xe discrete or integrated? Mine is the latter, I wonder if it makes a difference. BTW, the issue remains with just running OS installed Edge in the empty default sandbox of a fresh install.

Anyhow there is a closed issue on github and David has kept the generic GPU acceleration issue open.

5. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Registered Member

My Iris Xe machine is an ultrabook, so it has integrated graphics with an i7-1165G7 CPU. To be fair, on that machine I mainly use FF and Edge. I rarely use my other Chromium browsers, but they definitely all do work just fine with Sandboxie 0.9.8.c I deliberately checked before commenting.

Hope you can get to the bottom of it. I'll report back if I start having probs.

EDIT - Edge has just updated again about 2hrs ago, for the second time in a few days. Is it possible that it that it started it's update process in your fresh installation of Sandboxie? Just a thought... I make it a habit to launch my browsers and manually check for updates every morning, before I launch them sandboxed to do any browsing. Haven't had a corrupt sandbox since doing this for some years now. (Not saying the problem you guys are having definitely is a corrupt sandbox - just sharing experience).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  6. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

Interesting! So perhaps it's more of another undiscovered 11th-gen-Intel-problem rather than solely Intel-Iris-Xe - or even a matter of combination of both since others here, even with Iris-Xe, seemingly have not run into these problems. Btw, my Iris-Xe is onboard/integrated as well.

7. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Hi,

@stapp
    Do you mean the icon is not on your desktop or that it is not in your taskbar?
    Icon is missing from being pin to the task bar and not on the desktop...
    But,I can find under the windows key....

What operating system? Home and Pro

8. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Curious, do you have Tonalio GmbH with your OSArmor Trusted Vendors?
    ~ I'm 5.53.2 with OSArmor 1.6
    When I install new Sandboxie builds. I'll set OSArmor to Passive Logging.
    Sandboxie .tmp setup files are not (may not be) signed. #3726
    ~ I've not made SandboxieCrypto.exe - OSArmor exclusion.
    png_12210.png
    as always, your mileage may vary

9. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Sandboxie used to be essential for me on w8.1, but I dropped it after moving to w10 due to performance impact on Firefox. I have tried it a couple times since and still have found a noticeable slowdown.

Are others getting poor performance with FF/Sandboxie on w10 or is it just me?

10. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

W10 Home 21H1 (19043.1288) + Firefox 93.0 okay on my entry level Dell lappy. Firefox feels the same in n' out of sbox. 0.9.8c / 5.53.2

11. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Thanks for replying bjm_, Im on W10 21H1 64 bit and using FF portable... Ill give it another try

12. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

I'm not using Firefox portable. I'm not using Sandboxie+ portable.

13. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Well, I installed Sandboxie-Plus 0.9.8c and it is much faster than last time I tried it a few months ago... startup is a bit slow though but I think I can live with that.
    Thanks again for your feedback... it is much appreciated!

14. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

btw ~ I don't use Start UI. I pin SandMan to taskbar and call SandMan to systray from taskbar. Just me.
    png_12218.png png_12219.png png_12220.png

15. superkryo

superkryo Registered Member

Thanks for the info, so your is exactly the same as mine

Well, the same here with Edge updated manually unsandboxed. As mentioned earlier, the browser was launched from an empty default box with default settings. Furthermore, the default box was the only box under Sandboxie. I don't know if there is still a possibility of corruption. If so, do elaborate, appreciated

16. plat

plat Registered Member

I have Sandboxie start with Windows. Its impact is minimal now so the icon is in the tray first thing. Was the same deal when I used Plus.

17. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

I made FF a forced program and launch it from the task bar... are there drawbacks to my method? Its been so long since Ive used SB, I have a lot to learn about it again.

18. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

No. I was only commenting regarding your comment "startup is a bit slow".
    I have Firefox forced. I thought your "startup is a bit slow" was regarding Sandboxie. I don't need-want Start UI with or Start UI when. I like calling SandMan/SbieCtrl to Systray. Old habit. Just me. Cheers

19. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Ya, I was referring to FF being slow to start up when sandboxed... Sandboxie itself starts fine

20. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Firefox, Chrome n' Edge feel the same for me in n' out of sbox.
    Note: Firefox is not my daily rider.

21. henryg1

henryg1 Registered Member

From time to time I have found FF, sometimes very, slow with SB, but ATM it seems as quick sandboxed as not. Haven't tried any timings though, but I have a new and fast nvme and use a ramdisk.

22. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have installed Sandboxie Plus and it's indeed much more mature. I don't have the problem with GUI freezing and window sizing anymore. And I also prefer the Plus GUI over the Classic GUI. And it seems like most apps run just fine when sandboxed, no surprise because it has the same engine of course. But there is one huge problem, and that's the ugly dotted lines AKA the focus rectangle. It's visible in the main GUI as soon as you select text and it's even visible in the trayicon, can't you get rid of it? See pics.

Attached Files:

23. algol1

algol1 Registered Member

TBH I've seen worse assaults on the naked eye.;):D

24. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

You mean to remove it without replacement or finding instead an alternative?
    I think it is very useful to see at first sight where the focus is, and the dotted lines fulfill this purpose in a discreet way. Unless you have some alternative in mind...

25. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

Hi,

Sandboxie Plus 0.9.8 C is just working perfect for me at this point in time.

Many thank you!:geek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.