Sandboxie Acquired by Invincea

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ad18, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I can download installer ATM.
    Screenshot that you posted looks like browser tried to open executable similar as trying to to open it in text editor.

upload_2019-5-1_22-1-21.png

2. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

Well so much for my plan to stay in 5.28. I was bombarded with numerous stack file notices to upgrade to 5.30 of which I was unable to. The more I tried to hit o.k., more stack files would just keep coming, it was like I was being hit with a hacker. Eventually, had to end process for Sbiesrvc and SbieCtrl 5.28 and uninstalled, and then over to the Sophos site and downloaded 5.30 64 bit and installed. So far things are running O.K.. Unbelievable.

3. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

The situation seems to be different from user to user. I for myself until now have no problem to continue with version 5.28 (on Windows 7 Home). When all this confusion started (about two weeks ago), as most of the other users, I could not get rid of the window "Check for Updates". Then I read Bo's comment and followed his method ("clicked Next week"):
    From now on 5.28 worked fine. And as long as it will do so, I will stay with this version until Invincea will have resolved all this endless confusion concerning website, forum, updating, licensing etc.

I think, this is a good moment to express my appreciation for this thread that exists here at Wilders Security as it has become my main source for information about Sandboxie during the last weeks. It is good to find here so many reports and comments by various posters. And special thanks deserves once more Bo with his useful advices and all the interesting background information he can provide. :)

Concerning the purchase of a Sandboxie license:
    ATM? (I don' t know what it is.) But anyway, I would not be so optimistic. Since some time (already before the confusion had started) users can only buy a "One (1) Year Subscription". I remember that in the Sandboxie Forum the Invincea team has written that this restriction is due to the fact that they reorganize their licence policy (something like that). But you could also see it as a sign that Sandboxie possibly might cease to exist in the near future.

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

So true. Bo is one of those rare heart and soul guys who gives constantly of his time, energy and knowledge strictly out of kindness and the desire to help.

Losing the SBIE forum, even for the time its been down (and who knows how long this will extend into the future) is a major support resource loss. The forum was comprised of years of topics with all sorts of valuable input. Gone like a cool breeze. :thumbd:

5. wolfrun

Just to see if that would work here, I clicked on "next week" and uninstalled 5.30 and installed 5.28 again and sure enough no more stacked file notices to update to 5.30 :thumb: I think I will now stay with 5.28 for now. Thanks for the tip and thanks to Bo. :) Yep Page, so true about Bo, he is who got me started with Sandboxie many moons ago.

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Installed and auto-activated ok (so far!)

8. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

9. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  10. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

same here after i rad "henry g" in redirected forum (@sophos) - installed & activated on 2 machines!
    awaiting december a decision, dont like "workarounds" here.

11. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

With all the issues there is only one thing that matters to me. Sandboxie is still doing it's job for me!!

12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Amen, brother! That said, I could do with a little less drama. :)

13. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

On two of my other Windows 7 laptops cannot get 5.30 to activate. It does activate on my main laptop that I use thankfully. If I continue to have these broblems though, will regretfully remove it. Will stay with 5.28 on the two laptops since it is still activated for now.

14. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

15. wolfrun

"Discretion" being the better part of "valor", I went ahead and installed sandboxie 5.30 64bit and at 4 bells, all is well.:cool:

16. Peter 123

The same here (with 32bit). :)

I decided to upgrade too as Barb explained in the meantime why they want us to do it so quickly:

( https://community.sophos.com/produc...andboxie-why-can-t-we-have-reasonable-answers )

So I see the upgrade not so much as a matter of security for myself but as a service for Invincea respectively for the community of the Sandboxie users. ;)

17. Peter 123

Edit:

At the moment there is a problem with Firefox add-ons, but it has nothing to do with Sandboxie 5.30 as I thought originally. So I deleted my report again.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  18. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

19. Peter 123

Hello Bo,

thank you for the info. After writing my above posting I saw completely by chance also this thread here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/firefox-addons.396377/

It's title "Firefox addons" attracted immediately my attention. ;)

So indeed the issue has nothing to do with Sandboxie 5.30!

I definitely upgraded Sandboxie in the wrong moment. :D

20. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Still cannot successfully activate my lifetime license on my other two laptops, total of 3 altogether, which have worked fine until all this happened. With my lifetime license, am I supposed to be able to run the program on at least 3 different machines or is it only 1 computer and thanks.

21. guest

guest Guest

It is only one license by machine unless you bought a multi-seat license.

22. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

A lifetime licence as far as I remember entitles you to run Sbie on machines you own in your home.
    I have the same licence on 3 machines at the moment.

See this
    Unfortunately I cannot link to the Sbie forum area where this was posted so will have to just do a MT link. (A google search for above words will also show same results.)
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-no-more-lifetime-licence.19037/
    I believe the FAQ's on licencing posted here apply to the one year licences now in use.
    https://www.sandboxie.com/FAQ_Licensing.php

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  23. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

24. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Lots of pertinent info in this sbie webcache wherein it is eventually confirmed that early lifetime licenses are for multiple computers.

25. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.