real-time defender/malwaredender/processguard?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

any recomendations?thanks in advance.
    base on user experience.

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

With 10 being best, RTD is 9.999. MD is 9.1. Never used PG.

As to support -- RTD & PG are VERY o_O whereas MD is vigorously supported & its developer is active here at Wilders.

I use RTD at present but will *likely* switch to MD if RTD's developer doesn't manifest interest in Western-world users SOON.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i was trying to find info about rtd and eqsecure but was not lucky.cause i dont read korean:D but thats ok i will try to wait a week or so.mean while i will keep malware defender active:thumb:
    thanks for replying.

4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

pg didnt update long time ... even they "update" to 3.5 its a ghost update only for the show off... u can find posts in here avout this

RTD never use............so no comment:D

MD is new and look very very good , u cant compare it to PG , MD got a wide open range of control the pc proccess and much MUCH more .... so my vote goes to MD and to its amazing developer

chhers

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

another vote for malware defender:thumb: thanks for replying.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Based on my experiances with these I'd say Malware Defender most definantly.
    Never used RTD but used Prosecurity in the past.
    Just waiting on a few features to be added to Malware Defender before buying myself.

7. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

I'm using RTD and I am really liking it. Haven't used MD so I can't tell you how it compares, sorry.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

This is a great time for windows SUPER SECURITY as in new HIPS, and a little older HIPS which are performing IMO at their best!

I currently (of course) use EQS 4.0 and am really excited over RTD's apparent excellent coverages and such, and if that wasn't enough, i'm coming on strong with equal excitement over Malware Defender.

This is been sorely missing the past year, that is more than a scant couple of HIPS a user can really rely on and realize absolute positive results.

I'll also throw in i too on another system even use the relic ProcessGuard. In all of my current configs they are complimented with the back breaker Behavioral Blocker (another so-called relic) Cyberhawk that does a perfect job at sitting in wait in event any of these HIPS were either turned off or skipped a malicious probe file, which is highly unlikely, but as backups are the backbone of restoration in event of some trouble, CH serves in that same purpose along with my HIPS and i couldn't be more pleased.

EASTER

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thank you every body for your kind reply:thumb:

10. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Some folks tend not to pay a lot of attention to posts with odd colors or fonts. Also, not every one runs both KIS & RTD.

If you are really interested in termination issues, I suggest you research Wilders -- there are many threads on that topic. For example, check THIS one -- especially post 44. Be aware that Prosecurity (PS) was the former name of RTD.

For me, nothing I have tested was able to terminate RTD 1.0 (PS 1.43). In fact, it was not possible even to directly & permanently delete/modify RTD's key files/services except by full uninstall. However, I do not have KIS in order to replicate the conditions you encountered. By the way -- KIS has its own HIPS, which duplicates the fact that RTD, too, is a HIPS. Did you kill the KIS HIPS before installing/running RTD?

12. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Hi bellgamin, thanks for the 3D link that you posted, I already read it. As I wrote in my linked post:

" I 've installed RTD, rebooted, setted it in Normal Mode. Finally I've installed KIS 7. If I run it without the Proactive Defense, RTD runs normally. If I set the KIS in Proactive Defense ( previous giving all the authorizations for RTD in KIS ), RTD runs as I described in this 3D at the post 66. And also if afterwards I disable the Proactive Defense, RTD does'nt run more normally. This is what concern me ! ".

It sounds to me like KIS terminates RTD, or anyway some functions of RTD. And this is the reason for I say: where is the RTD autoprotection, if I have only to run KIS Proactive Defense to block RTD ? o_O o_O

I use SSM since 2006, since 2007 with KIS, but KIS does'nt block neither changes SSM activities or settings.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.