Question for the Moderators

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by silverfox55, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawki

hawki Registered Member

dunno about the refund [o/O], but V4 is worth waiting for. Initial published tests of the beta say its a quantum improvement over V3 and has been described by one well known tester as being "Awesome."

While I am waiting for a V4 that works on my Vista 64 system (the current V4 totally kills my internet connection) I am using Outpost Pro at the standard (non-advanced) setting. I have not had to train it -- it self-learns with the aid of a large pre-established list of ok programs. If there is not a good version 4 at the end of my trial period I will keep Outpost. I have been very pleased by it and it ranks second only to Online Armor which I can't use because OA is not good on Vista 64.

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Eset's AV protection is still very good and consistently scores decent in most "tests". If your whole decision is based around their firewall maybe you should wait for a while at least to see what Eset does about it. If you are behind a hardware firewall you shouldn't have much to worry about. Version 3's fw works fine for me until they get v4 fw fixed.

3. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Re: Nodder's last post

sorry for the delay.
    Yes, they are the steps to try on V4, I already have the program set at those settings.

I've uninstalled V4 & re-installed NOD32 V3 AV & Outpost firewall and I will wait untill V4 is fixed, or I might forget all about V4.

I'm thinking ESET dont care about the firewall program, the only response in the forum was Marcus asking me to list the sites that I could not access which I did and nothing from anyone since.

4. silverfox55

silverfox55 Registered Member

I agree. ESET seem not to be bothered about our problems, so long as they continue to sell to new users. Bo??cks to the existing customers and the problems they have once they have bought the security suite. It is very ominous that we have heard nothing from the company.

5. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=233729

In the above thread in the Beta Forum I posted (9) users names experiencing (& posting about it) Time-outs and/or slow Page Loading. Surely Marcos, Aryeh, etc will relay to proper ESET Support that this is not an insignificant issue, and ultimately something will be done.

Keeping this Thread alive should Help!

6. woofa

woofa Registered Member

I think this is less true than it was previously. I liked V3 over competition in particular because it virtually never made a false hit. V4 false hits just like a number of other programs. I collected for years items which various AV have given false hits on and now V4 is hitting on them when V3 didn't. I haven't yet had a problem with V4 and the firewall as others are having here but I really am not happy about the false hits becoming part of the ESET AV experience. It's just as important that an AV only hit on actual malware and not something benign (which it can't even specifically identify and only makes a guess at) as it is that it catch true malware.

7. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I agree about the false positives. NOD32 seems to be slipping in that area...an area it has excelled in in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.