Browsing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by s4u, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s4u

s4u Registered Member

I still get my browsing issue. Browsing is slow. and pages often hang while browsing.
    using RC, Vista Home Premium and tested on FF, Opera, Chrome an IE

2. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Sorry no problems here, running ESSv4 RC on windows 7 beta and browsing with Opera 10 Alpha.

Just to let you know. Perhaps something to do with how you connect to the web??

3. ugly

ugly Registered Member

Running RC on XPpro SP3 and opera with no problems here.
    In fact , for me , browsing ( and everything ) is faster now than with previous beta.

4. darts

darts Registered Member

I'am running XP SP3 and no problems here

5. s4u

s4u Registered Member

I'll try a reinstall than

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There might also be a conflict with other installed software which results in the problems you're having.

7. s4u

s4u Registered Member

I'm reinstalling now. I'll let you know

8. 4L3X

4L3X Registered Member

Same here, browsing on v4 is slow and has lots of timeouts. On both beta and release candidate versions. On v3 this isn't a problem, so its definitely not related to other software that's installed. This is a issue that should be looked at before you end up releasing something that's broken.

Vista Ultimate x64, with ESS 4 RC ......... no other security software loaded on startup.

PS....... even hitting the update button from within ESS has long delays/timeouts........ so its not browser related either

9. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Thanks 4L3X for describing what I've been crying about since the V4 Beta start - timeouts.

I thought Disabling two Firefox Add-ons was Helping BUT that was Wrong. I'm doing better and V4 is faster when right BUT (Edit: scratch the doing better - I just Un-installed V4 for 5th time / Can't say I'm not trying) I still struggle with periods of Can't Find Server time-outs.

I, also, have acquired Outlook "Send" or "Receive" failures the last few days and it's either V4 or a New AT&T Home Page issue.

I hope my Support Request Email with SysInspector, etc data gets some attention. I'm really disappointed in these V4 difficulties.

V3 working GREAT as always.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  10. killua24

killua24 Registered Member

I am also having problem with ESS 4 RC1, I think the Personal Firewall is blocking my internet connection... I am not having this problem in v3... I have Windows XP SP3 and I am using Firefox...

Edit: I am having problems not just with browsing, I can't also update and download anything...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  11. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Could you guys try

Advanced setup > Personal Firewalls > IDS and advanced options > and tick "Maintain inactive TCP connections" and see if that helps?

Also try turning on logging of all blocked connections and see if you can find anything.

12. muppetman

muppetman Registered Member

I'd also suggest installing WireShark and taking a dump of some packets when things are slow. Maybe a few (small!) dumps here could help the ESET Developers (Do they read these forums?)

13. michael83815

michael83815 Registered Member

I had the same problem, I run in interactive mode. I decided to delete all my rules and start over and that did the trick for me. It now works fine.

14. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

it seems ESS firewall still has bug... i still get error while browsing..

15. elapsed

What error?

16. Windows

Windows Registered Member

I had hoped that with the new version I would be able to surf on the internet as with vr. 3, but it is as slow as before.:thumbd:

17. elapsed

Could you PLEASE actually follow the advice to help us help you fix the problem? Saying "it doesn't work for me either" is just irritating and doesn't help anyone.

18. COSMO26

XP SP3 / FF 3.0.6 / IE 7 rarely / Super AS Real-time Disabled / FF Add-ons Disabled.......

I Re-installed V4-RC just to try this. Does great/faster for awhile BUT Time-outs /Can't Find Server always pop-up....Random but daily Outlook Receive errors remain ....

Watched a Time-out within my Online Banking and I see no way to verify that a Log Line (ie) Packet Blocked by Active Defense (IDS) relates to that site-access attempt - some lines occur as I watch from attempts by (ie) Google. Not convinced each Time-out/or Any even show as a Log line.

Have moved around bank site fine but have Failed 3 times to complete all screens to setup a Recurring Auto-Payment (finally did it) ....A necessary link Always Times-out before completing tasks.... Bank Logout timed-out this a.m......

Above FYI...... Will Try Any Suggestions!......Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  19. 4L3X

4L3X Registered Member

Tried the above and it makes no difference. Wonder if its an issue that's only present with certain network adapters as you would think there would be loads of people in here having the same issue but there seems to be only a handfull... or at least only a handfull coming to the forum to report an issue. Have logged a support ticket to eset directly and they have all the system info attached to the ticket so it might help them find the issue. Just gotta wait n see i guess.

The network adapter in my machine is an atheros , maybe its just their crappy chipset thats causing the problem ?? as ive done a bit reading and they dont seem to like giving out the details of the adapter for people to code drivers for linux etc.

20. Melchi501

Melchi501 Registered Member

Very fast here with web browsers in active mode.

21. elapsed

I'm using an Atheros on my laptop that works fine.

Have you tried fiddling with wireshark?

22. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

time-out / cant find server...

23. COSMO26

Hoping to gain some help for our small "Time-outs problem" group, this morning's Computer Turn-on/boot produced two Outlook Receive Failures, (6) Firefox 3.0.6 Can't Find Server Time-outs on varied Links, & (2) IE7 Time-outs Before I Could Access a Site. Outlook then Received and All is well for now. Maintain Inactive TCP Connections is Checked. I DO love V4's Faster Speed when it's working!

It typically will do OK for awhile and then a series of Time-outs will occur - then it starts working again. Logs show no apparent cause as far as I can tell.

Still willing to try any suggestion / send data as asked.
    No response yet from Online Customer Sppt Request sent with SysInspector /All boxes chk'd for requested data.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  24. Mrjones71

Mrjones71 Registered Member

I'm also struggling with slow webpages and lots of timeouts in Firefox. I'd not have these kind of problems before I installed Smart Security 4 RC1. I'll try Internet Explorer 8, just to see what happens because till now it looks like an issue with Firefox only.

25. 4L3X

4L3X Registered Member

Its not just limited to firefox, see my post above. Windows live mail suffers long delays also. In addition my usenet client has the same peroblems. Even pressing update from within ess4 manually sometimes experiences these long delays. So in short, its affecting anything that's using the internet.

Removing v4, and going back to v3 and these problems all vanish.

Raised a support ticket for this last week with eset and still not had any reply, so i don't think that many people are experiencing this problem. Either that or those who do have a problem are not reporting it. Its a shame as the rest of the suite is running great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.