"publisher unknown" for swbsetup351.exe

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by motdaugrnds, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds Registered Member

I just downloaded SpywareBlaster 351 from one of Lavacool recommended sites, the one at "Download SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 from Download.com". I saved it to my desktop to scan first with Norton. When I double clicked it to start the installation, I got the message that the publisher was "unknown". This of course concerns me; and that is why I am posting here.

I want this program; but I do not want some fake one on my pc. Can anyone help me?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. motdaugrnds

I am not sure what "vista" is. I am guessing it is the new windows.

I am running Windows XP. I was advised to ignore the "unidentified arthor"; however, when I started to go ahead and install it, I got the message that the download was corrupt. Now I am really concerned.

I did go to the link you provided, Snowbound; so I am not as concerned as I would be. Thinking now the corruption occurred due to my slow "dial-up" connection. Not real sure at this time I will continue trying to get this program. Seems to be quite a hassle.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Are you using any sort of download manager / accelerator? A proxy or web filtering program?

We've had a few reports in the past that such programs caused incomplete / corrupt downloads (problems which were fixed by temporarily disabling them).

EDIT: Here's a direct download link, as another option: http://www.javacoolsoftware.net.nyud.net:8090/downloads/spywareblastersetup351.exe

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

5. motdaugrnds

Hello,
    Thank you for the download link. I was able to download it quickly and install it.

Now, it is my understanding I am to update it immediately. Then do nothing at all with it; that it just runs quietly with little ram in the background. Is this correct? Is there anything I have missed that I need to know?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

SWB is not a running app. No need to keep it open if u are. Explained better here,

http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/idx/0/052/article/

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.