Vista not allowing Sypware Blaster to start up

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by StephenB, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephenB

StephenB Registered Member

Hello all,
    I've just upgraded (not clean install) to Vista and now Windows Defender will not allow spyware blaster to startup. I can enable it and allow spwb to run, but I have to do that manually each time I start up. I just installed vista last night and this is the first issue I've come across. Can anyone advise on how to get vista to allow spyware blaster to start up automatically or point me to a link that does.
    Thanks in advance.

I should add, defender is complaining the publisher is unknown.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  2. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

If I were you I would rid my computer of W/D and use something like SuperAntiSpyware.If you must keep W/D then set it to allow SpywareBlaster.

3. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

You mean the Spyware Blaster auto update routine? Mine also doesn't work & Javacool are looking into it. Spyware Blaster still works & you can manually update. I don't recommend you try SuperAntiSpyware as I had to reformat after that one! I'm relying on Nod32 & manual Spyware Blaster for a few months & waiting for Ewido to get their act together & Javacool to sort out the auto update issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  4. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Reformat after SuperAntiSpyware?Can you give details?

5. StephenB

Got it. It's under "User Account Control." Control Panel\User Accounts\Turn User Account Control On or Off. I turned it off, so spwb starts up, but then the windows security center started warning red. So I turned it back on and the windows help is suggesting I set Defender to always allow it to run "the next time I get the message". However, no message ever pops up.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Glad you got it all sorted out StephenB :thumb:

To others,

Let's keep the discussion related to Spywareblaster Please and take any other software discussions to the appropriate forum.

Thanks,
    Bubba

7. StephenB

Just an FYI...Vista is not letting spwb run because it has an unidentified publisher. I'm a little surprised by this. Perhaps this can be resolved in the next release spwb release.

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yep - in the current version of SpywareBlaster (3.5.1) the installer itself is digitally signed, but the files it installs are not. This will be changed in the next release.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

9. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Here's waiting for the next version! :thumb:

Pugmug, do a search about my other issues, or PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.