Problem Scanning system with kaspersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AnthonyG, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi, i am having a further problem with kaspersky personal pro 5

I am trying to do a full system scan but every 20-30 seconds through the scan a pop up box is coming up saying file protected by a password and please enter the password.

I have looked at the files and it is either system files, normal original program exe files (which dont have a password on them, it says something like "program.exe.bin" is the file) and temporary internet files. Non of these files it is having a problem with i believe have passwords on them, and if they do i did not set them with one and so dont know what their password is.

What do i do to get round this, as i am starting to get more than slightly irritated by kaspersky AV. But I keep trying to persivere as people keep saying its the best.

Thanks

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

See this topic for disabling these annoying pop ups. ;)

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Anthony1uk,

Double click the KAV icon in the system tray. Select the Settings tab. Select "Configure Scan My Computer", Select "Configure Scan". Select Details. Click the checkbox that is the third from the bottom of the menu dialog box that pops up - "Do not ask for passwords for password-protected objects". This should solve your problem.

The other place it can happen is on the automated scan on startup. To adjust settings for that scan, select the "User tasks" entry under the Settings tab. Select (highlight) Automatic Scan on Application Startup. Select Properties. Select Configure Scan and again, click on the appropriate check box.

Note - you can actually access both scopes using this second approach and you'll see all the user based tasks listed. Not sure if Pro is closer to Personal as covered by the link provided by Eldar or the description above.

Blue

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Sorry, never tried or seen the Pro. :oops: Why don't they use the KIS principle? Details for Pro & Troubleshooting for Personal o_O

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I don't know. It certainly would help from a support perspective to have a somewhat more unified interface between the three flavors of KAV. Given the substantial changes incurred on going to version 5, now was clearly the time to implement a unified menu/dialog box cascade.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.