Kaspersky Antivirus Personnal 5 Issue

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MaLaKiOs, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaLaKiOs

MaLaKiOs Registered Member

Hi to all,

I just noticed that after i complete a full scan of my hard disk with Kaspersky
    Antivirus Personnal 5 , it gives me the following result for a number of files :

"password protected has not been processed"

I am a newbie unfortunately. And i am asking you.
    Is this Kasperskys fault? Is there a chance of a virus hiding in those files and Kaspersky not finding it ?
    Is there any solution to this problem so that it will scan all files ?

Thank you very much in advance.

2. MoDigitz

MoDigitz Guest

Would these password protected files happen to be Spybot S&D's? If so, then just put them in your ignore list for future scans.

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi MaLaKiOs & welcome to Wilders. :)
    This is not Kasperskys fault, because these are password protected files. No AV can scan into these files. It needs a password.
    It could contain a virus, but then again you need to open it with a password. At that moment KAV will react, if it contains a virus. It can also be locked files by windows.
    KAV will never scan all files, so there's definitely no solution at present.
    If you want to suppress the message box which appears when KAV finds a locked file on an on demand scan, open the console and choose Settings | Configure on demand scan | Troubleshooting and follow the information on my picture.
    :rolleyes: It's odd, I agree, to put these functions under troubleshooting.

I hope this helps. ;)

Attached Files:

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

I had the same thing happen to me but when I checked the file path I found all the protected files related to Lavasoft's Adaware! So there is nothing to worry about if applications like Adaware protect themselves with passwords because of course many nasties are designed to attack it's files to disable it.

Only worry if you don't recognise the protected file.

5. MaLaKiOs

MaLaKiOs Registered Member

Thank you very much all for your early replies and especially Eldar. Now i know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.