Problem burning onto to disc ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryFox, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi ... I try to download the Acronis Report utility from the sticky above but , All I get is page can't be display , Is there somewhere were I can find this program ? I am trying to create a backup onto disc by using TI 9.0 Build 2,337 but It doesn't seem to do the job , it stops and gives me this option/error which I hope I attach correctly , Can someone help ? Thanks

BTW I am using Memorex DVD-R disc and the optical drive is Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109 with the latest firmwave on a windows xp pro sp2 retail version full install , If I choose to do the backup option onto my other drive ? It works and I am able to burn this backup using Nero7 onto disc , this way works but not from using TI 9 onto disc

Attached Files:

2. TerryFox

Sorry for this big image ...

3. stephenrc

stephenrc Registered Member

True Image requires a program like Nero's InCD installed for it to write directly to cd/dvds.

Stephen

4. TerryFox

Hello
    No offence but did you read all my post ? Because TI will do the backup to my other drive , which I can burn the copy with Nero 7 onto a disc but If I try just to use TI instead it wouldn't , I am doing all this on the same computer , So I do have the InCD program , It comes with Nero 7

5. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, stephenrc

Correct for DVD's, but Ti does not need any help for creating rescue CD's.

I do not know why Acronis have not fixed it so Ti can burn to DVD's, I ask way back in 2003 [Ti6] and they said it will be put in place, here we are nearly three year later with many builds of Ti9 and it still can not do it. :mad:

Take Care,
    TheQuest. :cool:

7. TerryFox

Hi ... So I am guessing now I am NOT able to use this options from TI 9.0 ? This option to backup onto a disc is only available if I have Roxie InCD ? I can do the backup onto my other drive and then use Nero to make a UDF copy on a dvd disc ...

I was messing around with some of the setting on my computer and I even installed 2 programs , I gave the TI a try and I have to say , It work great , It was pretty easy and not to bad on the time wise , Those 2 programs weren't install and the setting were set back to normal ,I guess I can live without TI making a backup on my dvd disc :)

8. TerryFox

Hey guys , My backup option went smooth but, I did end up with a small problem , When I try to use Microsoft update site ? It wouldn't load , I got this error below

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941

Though I did corrected by turning off the firewall and also restarting the update service , Then rebooting , Gave the update site a try and it work , Then I try with the firewall on and it work as well , but I am curious why did the TI backup cause this ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.