Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Promo!

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Jo Ann, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

While this has been reported in Wilders' Paragon Backup and Recovery thread I thought it would be of interest to a broader image-backup audience.

Paragon is currently offering their Backup & Recovery 16 free of charge (regular cost is about $40):
    https://paragon-software.com/home/brh/download.html

After installing the software, you either login to your Paragon account or open an account (with your email) and they will send full software registration info including a PC-specific key (a different key is needed for different PCs). I received my registration info about 15 min after opening an account. Since I just did all of this today I can't really provide any personal experience with this software, but I have read good reviews.

JA

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Well I was curious. Their new activation set up is akin to trying to scratch your left ear with your right hand while standing on one foot. Finally got thru all that.

When I trialed version 15, I found it confusing. 16 is radically changed and still don't like it. About to macrium my system to remove it.

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

B&R 16 seems to me the same old HDM 15 with a new "white" interface, a schedule function, less options, and without the partition manager. Some old problems are still present, still uncorrected.

Also, they had announced that the forums in Wilders would be "transitioned" from Wilders on August 31, but they are still here. These forums have been useless for a long time now.

4. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Large companies tend to fix bugs a lot more slower, due to the bloated company structure and slower feedback system. I gave up on Paragon last year. It used to be the best comprehensive hard disk partitioning/disk imaging software. Over the years it successfully evolved into a bloated product that also becomes less powerful in core functions.

It you want the best partitioning/disk imaging suite, go with Terabyte Image for Linux/BIBM. Their software maintained the strongest core functions without getting bloated. No nonsense, no bs features, it just works for all your essential hard disk tasks.

5. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Hi Pete,

I didn't have any activation issues with Paragon, but having recently concluded the MR 30-day trial it's very apparent that Paragon lacks MR's operational refinement. I just did my first Paragon backup and restore (the latter with its recovery disk). Awkward but successful.

Btw, I never could create MR's recovery boot menu option (even with Froggie's help and MR's support attempts). So my search goes on...

JA

6. Peter2150

Hmm If you are interested try again but uninstall(not deactivate) Webroot. then see what happens

7. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

8. hwlai

hwlai Registered Member

Please advise me if the image files (virtual container) in Paragon backup & recovery 14 free edition compatible with 16th edition? Can I use the image files that I backup in 14th free Edition for restore to different PC using 16th paid edition?
    Thanks alot!

9. Peter2150

This question might be better answered on the Paragon forums. Only users here

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.