Outpost Firewall + Another Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JasonKruys, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonKruys

JasonKruys Registered Member

I am currently using Outpost Firewall Pro, and have a fair bit of time on my license. I think I would like to keep it, as I like the 'granularity' of control I appear to have. My License for Kasperksy AV has just run out, and am debating whether to renew it.

Simply, those that use Outpost Firewall, what AV do you use with it? I am aware some vendors products will work better than others...so what do you use? Any comments on limitations of a particular combination, or benefits would be welcome.

I am specifically looking for responses from people that actually use outpost firewall and a 3rd party AV, that they have perhaps chosen for a particular reason, specifically for the way it integrates with OP Firewall. I am aware everyones opinion of a good AV will vary vastly, and do not want to get into that discussion!

2. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Hi JasonKruys

Right now I'm using GData A/V without issues. I have used Avira & Nod32 also without issues. I would install the A/V first, Outpost will recognize the A/V & install without the anti-spy portion installed.

3. munckman

munckman Registered Member

JasonKruys - Welcome to Wilders

[OT] I know you asked about a different Antivirus in conjunction with OP but are you aware of the Agnitum’s Lifetime License? Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 or Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009, valid for three PCs for ever, for the price of a 1-year license. Details can be found at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=228574

I prefer a different firewall, otherwise, I would certainly consider the lifetime offering (Firewall and AV); especially if I had 3 computers.

4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I am using Avira Free with OSS ( AV disabled ).
    Nothing to complain :)

5. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Norton 09 here. No complaints. Works great, light and effective together on my comps :thumb:

6. qpok

qpok Registered Member

At the moment I am running OSS (in compatibility mode so practically the same as OPF, right?) together with Vipre and A-Squared Anti-Malware. Never had any problems, although I dislike the fact that I have to disable OSS web control due to some bug in OSS itself :|

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

See my sig. below on PC 1, it has worked well for me. The spyware feature is turned off in Outpost. AVG will handle this with out possible slow downs or conflicts that way.

8. QS

QS Registered Member

I am running OP Pro 2k9 along side with KAV 2k9. No problems at all, they run smoothly together, just gotta turn off the web filtering **** in KAV.

9. Badcompany

Badcompany Registered Member

Hi Jasonkrays,
    I use Drweb, Twister, and Avira antivirus with Outpost FW.All work well with OP.Just remember, when installing a AV with OP always install OP first, select leaning mode, and then install your Antivirus.You should have no problems.
    Badcompany.

10. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

Installation of OP performed smoothly with Twister already being installed on on my PC. Outpost is much more stable than any other firewalls I've used, BlackIce gave me plenty of BSODs. I'm happy :D

11. jm0307

jm0307 Registered Member

running Outpost 2009 with Avira Premium - no conflicts to report

12. c2d

c2d Registered Member

see my sig.works great with NOD32 :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.