NoVirusThanks OSArmor: An Additional Layer of Defense

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by novirusthanks, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I purchased, but I might not want to install this straightaway.

However, the clock is ticking, and it says [automatic] renewal is due on 11 October 2021

Not appreciative of this renewal method.

OSArmor_Purchase_automatic renewal_01.JPG

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

This is awesome. Would like to hear more about the Remote Management feature. Cheers!

3. plat

plat Registered Member

You can't make and import your own custom .wav for the block sound any more? Is it still that creature in the jungle-like noise, like the ERP produces? Aw darns-ville! :'(

Meh, just kidding, sort of.

PS: this subscription is auto-renewed? Is there a means to opt out of that?

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Must there be auto-renewal? Not a fan of this at all.

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

6. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Unfortunately, I am not interested in opting out of auto-renewal. If I choose to buy a subscription to a program for 12 months that is all I want, unless I opt into auto-renewal.

... But that's just me. Each to their own of course.

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Just passing on info, that's all :)

8. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

As always, much appreciated. :thumb:

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

1- I bought license via PayPal. There was no "auto renewal" action passed to PayPal. Therefore, OSA cannot be auto-renewed in my case, can it?

2- OSA's Settings provide no option to load or to NOT load OSA at start-up. I do not want ANY software to load at start-up except when I so specify. For certain reasons, I do not use security apps when I am working offline. By using Autoruns, I have removed OSA's auto-load at startup. I tested it. It works. I can now use OSA "on-demand" only when I am online or as otherwise needed. However, I think an option to load/not-load at startup, in OSA's settings, might be warranted for some users. Or maybe I'm the only weird-o, in which case I already fixed it to my preferences by using Autoruns.

3- OSA's Settings provide an opt-in for auto installation of updates. I do not want auto installation of any app. I request an additional option be added whereby the user can request merely to be notified of each update so that user can decide when to download & install each such update.

10. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@Tarnak @plat1098 @Krusty

Thank you a lot for the purchase, you can manage orders and subscriptions (e.g cancel a subscription or update payment details) via this link:
    https://osarmor.onfastspring.com/account

Enter your email used during the purchase, you will receive a link to manage your orders and subscriptions.

You can find more details about billing in the faqs page (if some Q&A is missing please let me know):
    https://www.osarmor.com/faqs/

- What happens if I do not use (activate) purchased licenses?
    They will expire normally after 1 year from when you made the purchase.

- What happens if I cancel my subscription?
    If you cancel your subscription you will not be re-billed on the next charge. Your subscription (license key) will still be considered valid by our product until it will expire.

- Will you notify me before the subscription will expire?
    Yes you will receive an email 2 weeks and 1 week before subscription expires.

We use auto-renewal because it is more common and all is automatic (easier for customers and businesses), you can manually cancel the subscription at anytime.

To use a custom wav just overwrite loon.wav file located here:
    C:\Program Files\NoVirusThanks\OSArmorDevSvc\

PS: We changed it to a more non-jungle sound =)

@bellgamin

Thank you a lot for the purchase, here are answers to your questions:

1- PayPal should have created a recurring payment / automatic billing for FastSpring (our payment provider), this link may be useful:
    https://www.paypal.com/li/smarthelp...ling-agreement-i-have-with-a-merchant-faq1067

2- Due to the nature of OSA to add real-time protection in the system, we choosed to remove the option to auto-start OSA (in the very first version 1.0 I think it was present) and made it mandatory by default (better also in terms of security). A possible solution for your use-case would be to set OSA in Passive Logging so it will only log blocked events without actually blocking them (OSA uses very low memory and CPU that you would not even notice it loaded at startup).

3- Yes, the option to only "notify user when a new version is available" will be added in the next version.

We will also notify all customers and newsletter-users via email when there is an update.

@Trooper

Will make a video about remote management features in a few days. They are useful to manage/change/update OSA custom block rules, exclusions and settings from a single location (particularly useful for enterprises to simplificate the management of OSA installed in multiple computers). If you have any specific question don't hesitate to ask.

11. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

I bought a personal license a couple of minutes ago. Thanks for the Wilders coupon, Andreas.:)

12. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Uninstalled v1.4.3 an have v1.5 running on two Win 10 instances. Looking good so far.

Will buy coupon :thumb: licenses shortly, second also discounted.

13. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@Buddel @paulderdash

Awesome, thanks for the purchase =)

We're working on adding support to use variables like %MSISIGNER% to match signer of a MSI file and %MSIPATH% to match MSI file path, so users can write custom block rules and exclusion rules by matching these new MSI-specific variables (e.g: you can block any MSI file, except the ones signed by a defined list of signers of your choice or you can allow MSI executions only in specific folder and signed by only specific vendors). We plan on adding also option to block execution of unsigned MSI files in Configurator -> Advanced tab.

If you guys have other requirements or ideas, just share them.

14. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Thank you Andreas....you the man!!

15. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

16. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

After installing V1.5 i was logged out of all my email, google and social accounts. My chrome autofill did not work for username and passwords. After i turned sync back on for chrome and signed into Gmail, all seem to be back to normal.

17. matra

matra Registered Member

I have reinstalled version 1.50 on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. No Protection is always displayed and I cannot change this. When I want to activate the license and click on License, no window for input opens.
    Already uninstalled and re-installed with the same result.
    Does somebody has any idea

18. novirusthanks

novirusthanks Developer

@Dragon1952

Did that happened after you installed OSA or after you activated your license?

@matra

If protection remains disabled after you change it via system tray icon, then it means OSADevSvc (service) is not running.

If you click on Help->License Status and nothing happens, it means OSADevSvc (service) is not running or that NVTActivator.exe was blocked from running, example:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...layer-of-defense.398859/page-121#post-2955796

Please follow these rules:

Make sure your current antivirus/HIPS/security software is not blocking executables and dlls located here:

C:\Program Files\NoVirusThanks\OSArmorDevSvc\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NoVirusThanks\NVT License Manager\

Then try to restart the PC and then re-install OSA if problem persists.

Important is that NVTLicenseManager (service) and OSADevSvc (service) are running.

// EDIT

Added other questions & answers in the FAQs page:
    https://www.osarmor.com/faqs/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  19. aldist

aldist Registered Member

@ novirusthanks
    How are you getting on with blocking ransomware / blockers like Petya and others?

20. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I am having very similar issue and when I do a fresh install I have access to adding the code
    but does not take....Windows 10 64bit..no VPN or proxy blocking

21. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Tried downloading exe off of website and wont download??

22. focus

focus Registered Member

As a new user, I purchased yesterday (thanks for the coupon!) and installed 1.5 with no problems. I had to uncheck the anti-exploit for MS Edge as it was rejecting an extension (Roboform) installed from MS store.
    As I am new, I am only using the default protections for now.

23. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

downloaded off personal option

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  24. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Check your inbox, Mr. G.

25. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

OS.png

this what i get when entering key Andreas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.