Notepad and other Processes want to go online...

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by WSFAccount, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFAccount

WSFAccount Registered Member

hey there,

sorry if this is the wrong section wasnt sure where to post it to be true.

so to my problem...

i have / had various problems browser hijacked etc the list would be 2 long since i got a really stupid router here. whatever...

my problem is that all windows processes whatever it is, wanna go online.
    even notepad. thats not normal.

but i dont know where the problem is cause theres no malware on it i believe or any other kind of suspicious malicious files. scanned with alot of tools and not one tool found anything. so my guess is, that something got changed in the registry to share files over the local network i.e

i checked the group policy editor by editiing gpedit.msc and disabled file sharing also deleted changes which have been made to the sharedaccess folder in the registry. and still the same problem.

i just dont know where the problem is.

so if someone could know what it is or what it could be please tell me :) i can also provide firewall logs made by eset v 7.0 if that helps.

bye folks

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Windows Notepad? I don't want to think the worse case scenario. How about... are you trying to print to a network printer? What is the target IP address used?

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

WSFAccount, first, welcome to Wilders.

Perhaps a review of If you are currently infected, and seeking dedicated help from one of the sites listed there, is your best bet. Wilders stopped providing these Services a long time ago. Best of luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.